A movie recommendation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

For those looking for a really good movie to rent/buy check out Gran Torino the latest from Clint Eastwood. I won't go into any detail cause I don't want to ruin it for any one, but it's one of the best flicks I've seen in quite a while.

i have it at home to watch this weekend, being a old eastwood fan when they were showing the previews to this movie i just knew it was going to be a good one.

It is a very good movie! Another great one is Defiance with Daniel Craig. Definace is an outstanding true story!

the ending sure throw me, i was expecting a ending more like unforgiving.

chksbak":o6h863p7 said:
the ending sure throw me, i was expecting a ending more like unforgiving.
I agree. But afterward it sure made sense. Kind of reminds me of John Wayne's last movie The Shootist, rumor is that this is Clint's last acting role.

My wife and I saw this Saturday night, and really liked it. I actually expected the ending, though.

Eastwood, I think, will go down as one of the best directors/actors of our time. He knows what his audience wants, and delivers.

Mike

gospelman":zfg4whpv said:
Eastwood, I think, will go down as one of the best directors/actors of our time. He knows what his audience wants, and delivers.

Mike
Hear Hear! Amen to that!

Eastwood has made masterpieces in the last dozen years-"Unforgiven," "The Outlaw Josie Wales," "Mystic River," "Million Dollar Baby." He produces, directs, acts, and on top of that has been writing the scores for his last 3 or so movies. He is a movie genius! By comparison other earlier work doesn't stand up, "Dirty Harry" and the other movies it spawned.

But let us not forget his work with Sergio Leone, certainly, for American audiences at least, some of the the most unique Westerns ever filmed.

I can watch "The Outlaw Josey Wales" any time, anywhere. It's one of my favorite movies.

Great quote from that film: "I reckon we all died a little in that damn war."

Mike

gospelman":lyrsazeu said:
I can watch "The Outlaw Josey Wales" any time, anywhere. It's one of my favorite movies.

Great quote from that film: "I reckon we all died a little in that damn war."

Mike
Amen!