a new pipe smoker in the making

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight rider

Reaction score
Hi everyone:

Just sent my son 2 Briars and some pipe tobacco. He is stationed in Iraq.

He is an MP in the army. He has been smoking cigars. He messeged me that he loves

the pipes, they help him to relax. I also sent him Dantes Infernor to read at his request.

So he now has a good book and a good smoke. Just thought i would let y'all know we

have a new brother in the making.

Also i have a question. What would be a good container for me to send him to help keep

his tobacco fresh in the desert? Any sugestions you be welcome. Thanx

Great to hear! Even better that you provided him with some relief and relaxation while he serves us.

We're surely grateful for your son and his colleagues' service--glad he's doing well with some good tobacco and literature.

For storage: you can't beat a good seal on a mason jar, out of the sun, if one is available. If he can't get one, I have a pipe-smoking friend who just finished serving in the Middle East--I'll ask him what he thinks would work amongst readily available stuff.

We have sent a number of care packages to both theaters of operation though MikeM. He may have received some feedback on what may be the best container for the troops. Maybe he will see this and let us know what he might have heard.

You can send a couple five gallon paint cans, like you would find at Lowe's hardware, a rubber mallet, and pry. Put small (4oz) mason jars wrapped in newspaper or bubble-wrap in one, and they will stay clean and protected from the incessant dust and occasional wayward boot. He can keep his long-term stash in one, and leave one hand-closed for easy routine access. Stackable and easy to transport with the handle if he relocates. I pray for his safe and speedy return.

Please give him my thanks for serving us! And thank you for supporting him!

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers.

And i will send him a good mason jar.

Thanx again

God bless and watch over your son. I am so grateful for the men and women who serve. :cheers:

Praying for God's blessings and providence on your son...and my gratitude for his service.

Mike