A new (to me) Lamy.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I just picked up two new Lamy pens. The Logo. Saw an evaluation...then ordered the Twilight, a very dark purple, medium nib, from Jet. I got it to use with my stock of Lamy Dark Violet cartridges. After that one was in hand I found one in brushed stainless with a 1.1 mm stub nib at Vanness. The pens are about $40. They use standard Lamy nibs...so any nib for a Safari, etc. will fit fine. I have a lot of Lamy nibs both stainless and black. You can pop in nibs ranging through ef, f, m, b in stainless or black and 1.1, 1.5 & 1.9 stubs in stainless.

The Logo is thin by fountain pen standards, yet takes the giant Lamy or Monteverdi cartridges. Some complain about the thin profile but to a pencil guy like me, it's excellent. Some complain about how long it is when posted. I have large paws and again, it fits me well.

The pen is mostly metal. But it's light. The fit and finish are impecible. With their "on the road" cartridges these will be paired with my new Seven Seas Crossfield Journal in its beautiful custom cover, made by...um, well, more on that later. Suffice it to say he's a brother here.

Some Lamy Logo pics:

Very very nice.  I would have used to thought " man.... no grip... his hand will be cramping " and now im starting to be in tje school of thought of " the smoother it writes, the less you have to grip it"  dont know if that makes sense as i just took my scheduled dose of meds but i shall check back when i level out .

It's a superb writing utensil and a comfortable finger grip. Looks much heavier than it is, very well crafted pen.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Yes...very light. 18 g.

Ribbed design around section makes for a non-slippery grip.

Oh! And the clip is articulated...is that what they call it?  It's firm but you can depress the very top into the body with one finger which rocks the clip end away from the body to slide it onto a pocket, etc. Works super well. Great feature.  That, the large capacity Lamy cartridges and the light weight make it EDC ideal, IMHO.

Yup, it's called articulated and it makes for the perfect EDC pen. The grips for your fingers......ahhhhhh, extremely comfortable. So, I also carry an EDC lighter ( Zippo ) knife ( folder or fixed) and a flashlight. Didn't count my EDC wallet...lol
Last time I was hospitalized I had EVERYTHING with me and slept with a knife under my pillow. Looks like I will be doing that real soon again!

Blackhorse
What more do you have in your EDC?

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Who...me?

Um, OK.

1. (Right front pocket) Northwoods slipjoint Barlow Warncliff CPM154. Bone handle. With slip case.
2. (Left front pocket) Pearl Eddie stainless lighter.
3. (Jacket pocket) Convoy S2+ LED Flashlight. Red.

Online photos below.

Right ON Brother!!! Superb EDC for sure Blackhorse.
My EDC gear......

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

DBXTLCA.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

Knife I carried in a top pocket since I was 12 years old
4EEx2zt.jpg" style="width: 500px;height: 400px

My Sig P238 and extra Mag

HREsmU4.jpg" style="width: 500px;height: 400px

Yeah, I don't do concealed carry any more. I used to lug around a Springfield XD40 Sub Compact (40 S&W). I have a Sigg 2022 9mm that I really like. FAR more gun than it cost. And a Sigg Mosquito 22LR as a practice piece for the slightly larger 9 mm wherein all the controls are the same.

But I forgot I frequently carry along a Mora Eldris neck knife...red. I like visible. The dual grind 2" blade will do far more than it seems, just by looking at it. A lot of knife in a small package.

Photos from the web...

Blackhorse....real nice, thanks for sharing. I have my carry/conceal license since 1972, carried during my line of work. NEVER OPEN CARRIED, I'm totally against it. I've seen open carry cause to many issues.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I've got a Maxpedition Fat Boy shoulder pack...bug out bag lite. It has a pocket in it that allows me to carry either the XD-40 S&W or the Sigg 9mm in the field.

My wife wants a .380 - either the Sigg 232 or Walter PPK. Either would be a nice carry pistol and with today's new ammo they hit hard enough. Me? In a 380 I always wanted the old Browning BDA (Belgium) - double stack 13+1...but the newer Bersa Thunder Plus 15+1 might work. Again, with the right ammo.

Blackhorse, I too believe it's all about the ammo. But if you don't shoot often enough and practice, no ammo in the World will make a bit of difference...lol. One needs to shoot a number of their critical defense rounds, there is a difference between manufacturers, from Red Dot, Hornady, Federal and too Winchester. Winchester is not what it use to be, I refer to it as dirty ammo.

For the price, the Bersa Thunder Plus is a good choice. Me personally, I lean more towards Sig. My p238 with 95 gr. has more of a muzzle lift then my 1911's with 230 gr. because of barrel length. Which ever your wife feels more comfortable with shooting that's the weapon for her, the Sig p232 is well made and the muzzle lift should be fine compared to the p238.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!