A perfect evening

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stick

Reaction score
Well, I just had to share this with you...

Some close family friends who moved away last autumn popped by this weekend for a visit. We had a great Saturday catching up with all their news and as always the children had a ball. Once the children were tucked up in bed and the girls were nattering in the lounge the gentlemen took their leave and retired to the man cave. Over a bowlful of a Gauntleys' hand blended aro and a few good drams of my favourite single malt (16 yr old Lagavulin) which I'd been saving for a special occasion we sorted out the mess in the Ukraine, mapped out our careers, talked about motor vehicles, and reminisced about our favourite rock climbs and other adventures . It was a most agreeable hour or so, which was made all the more special by being able to share it with a close friend; something which, due to my lifestyle happens rarely for me. Splendid.

What a wonderful day you had yourself there, very pleased for you chap.  :sunny: 

...Good friends...good pipe...and a worthy tobacco...say it all!! :cheers:

I don't know what I like more; the story or how much pleasure it gave you. Small things like that are always the best, I find. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with kith and kin.

ftrplt":dunp8tq7 said:
A good friend, a good pipe, and a good dram of single malt!!!! Touchdown!!!!!! :D FTRPLT
That made me chuckle, brother!  :lol:  Touchdown, or 'double top' [darts] as we say in Blighty.  :cheers: 

Sounds like a great time. Nothing like sharing a good beverage and tobacco with a friend. :D