A personal note...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebiz

Reaction score
Good evening to all of my brothers!!

Many of you are well aware of the fact that I am relatively new to BoB. And, many of you are aware of the kindness and generosity (gifted tobacco and churchwarden pipe) that has been shown to me by my new brothers! You have welcomed me to your family in true brotherly fashion... with opened arms!!

In return, I just wanted to post a personal note to say to all of you how much this has meant to me. Though I had been a hopeless optimistic most of my life, I had allowed all the negativity of recent years to sour me quite a bit... until I found you gentlemen! You have been like a breath of fresh air to me! You have quickly become more precious to me that a million Hope Diamonds! And, I am proud to have the honor to be counted as a brother in this community that is called... Brothers of Briar!!!

May the richest blessings of Heaven pour out and fill your cups to continuous overflowing!!!

Robert

Very kind words Robert. I've been a brother here since day one, the generosity has been and remains overwhelming. I've said this before, you could search the internet from beginning to end and you'll not find a finer collection of people. Welcome Brother!

Midnight Blues":pu33ux1c said:
Very kind words Robert. I've been a brother here since day one, the generosity has been and remains overwhelming. I've said this before, you could search the internet from beginning to end and you'll not find a finer collection of people. Welcome Brother!
This

I felt the same when I joined up. The "Elders" made me feel right at home and their generous spirits knew no bounds. These gentlemen are first class all the way. I am proud to be a member of this fine group. CHEERS TO ALL OF THE BROTHERS!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

There's not much else that can be said, or maybe there is. The Blues Man and Dover captured it pretty well. BoB is a unique community on the net! We can truly call each other brothers. The generosity here is unsurpassed!

You just haven't met Puff Daddy yet. He's a mean 'un.

RB-5":1g481vqa said:
Run old Molly run...
Run ol' Molly, Run !
Tenbrooks gonna beat you
to the bright, shinin' sun.
Bright shinin' sun, O Lord,
to the bright shinin' sun.

OK. Now that had what to do with the thread ????????

:face:

Justpipes":rriij2ey said:
There's not much else that can be said, or maybe there is. The Blues Man and Dover captured it pretty well. BoB is a unique community on the net! We can truly call each other brothers. The generosity here is unsurpassed!
This I learnt early on from the man with the greatest heart of them all!!!!!! I follow in his footsteps!
JP you are saluted!!!!!
.......and so are all the other brothers here!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Like a good bunch of us, I'm on a handful of pipe forums. BoB is by far the most generous of any of them. Kudos to all here.

Gentlemen, please allow me to apologize for not replying sooner. About 15 minutes or so after I made my last post last night, our Poodle whose name is Cuddles began having babies! Between that time and around 7:00 AM this morning (Central Time in the US), she had 3 pups! My wife... my best friend in the world... and I were by her side... comforting and assisting her the entire time.

The 2 smaller pups (a boy and a girl) survived and are doing great. The other one (a boy) got wedged in the birth canal and took several hours to be born (don't know which one grunted and pushed more... me... my wife... or Cuddles :D ). He was stillborn. Though sad, it is just something that happens sometimes. And, Piet, I have no doubt that he and Laker are having a blast at Rainbow Bridge!!! :)

LL, you'll never make me believe that about Puff Daddy! I don't believe there to be a mean bone to be found amongst the brothers!!! :) But, even if he is a "mean 'un," it's alright. I've yet to see a group of brothers who didn't need a strapping, bruiser type to keep them all in line!!! ;)

Yak... what can I say to you, my brother??? You are a NUT!!!! :shock: I love it!!!!!!!! :lol!: You are another component of a well rounded group of brothers... a court jester... if you please!!! ;)

JP and others... Amen... and, AMEN!!!

Finally, Muddler... sir, even if my brain were not exhausted from the lack of sleep and the events of last night, I'm not sure I would know exactly what to say to you, my brother. So, I will simply say... thank you, sir!! You are without a doubt, a gem of the highest quality, value, and glisten!!! Bless you, my brother!!!!

My brothers, please forgive me. But, after only around 3 hours sleep last night, this is one very tired, worn out old man!!! :lol: And, because of that, it may be that today I won't be around the board as much as I have been being. Again, please forgive me. But, I will try to check in a few times throughout the day. And, remember that although I may not be here posting, my thoughts will be with you, my brothers!!!

Have a wonderful, blessed day, brothers!!

Robert

cigarsarge":9tm0slpo said:
This place is very friendly...
Ya think????? :lol!: :lol!:

I've never met a friendlier bunch of gentlemen in my life... even in church!!!!!! :shock: