a pipe maker I admire (Tyler Lane Beard)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed reading that Rev.

Got to know a little bit about Tyler!

Thanks!

That was a super read. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks, Rev.

Oh, yeah! I thought The Tick was a great cartoon, too.

His pipes look very well made and durable. I hope soon there will be more on his site for buying.

Great Post!

-IsaiahtheGiant

Wow, thanks Rev. I have been a bit behind in my forum reading, and I sure didn't expect to have missed this.

Rev, the feeling is mutual buddy. (You too Sam!)

Thanks again.

Tyler

Great post, Rev! I'm really glad you got to read this, Tyler, 'cause it's all true. Seriously. I just looked up "selfless giving" in the dictionary and your picture was there.

Tyler Beard changes people's lives as a side hobby to making pipes. Or maybe it's the other way around. He freely gives his time, knowledge, and advice without reserve. He believes in the power of individuals and helps them to discover and realize their own strength, whether they knew it was there or not. Tyler has touched my life and made it better. Made me better. I, too, am a better man and pipe maker for knowing him. My gratitude for his kindness is deep, sincere, and immense. Knowing I'm not the only person whose life Tyler has improved, I do have to wonder if his full time hobby isn't changing lives one phone call, one skype chat, one tip, one pat on the back, one vote of confidence, one endless rant, one cast of a fly rod, and one pipe at a time.

Funny, Uber, I was about to say the same thing verbatim!

Excellent gentleman indeed! Three cheers for Tyler!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for posting Rev, a very good read.

Fraternally

Jers

Wow, thanks for all the kind words guys.

Really, you have this all wrong. It's not out of some selfless quality that I talk pipes and try to help out new pipe makers. It's that I really enjoy it.

Thanks none the less.

good one... I know coming to visit my mom will be a little different now that I can't scoot off to Midland for some chat, a bowl, and a lunch now and then.....

enjoy tyler

james

That is awesome Rev, I was offered the opportunity to be taught how to make pipes by Paul (Larrysson Pipes), sadly I am unable to travel to his workshop so I couldn't take him up on the offer, something I truly feel sad about, I would have enjoyed working alongside Paul, he's a great guy.

I have always been a fan of Tyler's pipes. Will probably never be able to afford one, but...who knows? Early on it was simple--if Neill Roan has great things to say about a pipe maker, take it to the bank, that pipe maker is great.

tyler":9xvc9p8v said:
Wow, thanks for all the kind words guys.

Really, you have this all wrong. It's not out of some selfless quality that I talk pipes and try to help out new pipe makers. It's that I really enjoy it.

Thanks none the less.
Fooled me! ;)

It's pretty sweet that something you love doing means so much to other folks.

I am fortunate to care for 2 of Tyler's pipes, the Sail and the Irish Calabash. They are great smokers and among my favorites.

Having phoned, emailed and joked with Tyler, I can assure you he is a quality person. The world needs more like him and we are richer for being alive at the same time as him.

Ok Tyler, was that good enough for you to send me a hooded beetle? :lol: