A question of value

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al in Canada

Reaction score
Okay folks i am a wet shaver, but it is not a religion, it's just electric razors irritate my skin.

But when out looking for pipes I ran across a razor that appeared interesting and appeared favorably priced in an antique store.

What i found was a "Rolls Razor" Imperial #2, with box and instructions. it appears to be a step between the straight razor and the safety razor. There was a second razor or the same style, but without the box & instructions.

The cardboard box was broken at the end, no doubt by the weight of the object pushing out against the box.

This "kit" has a metal "box" with a device for sharpening the blade, the box has a detachable lid on each side, and the blade is sharpened by sliding up and down within the box. THere is a handle that attachs to the blade, which allows you to shave , like an eary safety razor. But the blade is like a segment of a straight razor.

The blades on both sets looked good, no knicks or cracks that i saw, but i am not the most experienced eye.

The lady is closing down her antique shop, but doing so at a relaxed pace, it is in a small out building on her farm. Oh there was an extra handle available also.

I think you could probably get the whole shebang for $20 plus shipping. Anyone want contact details (no she is not on the net). That would be both razors, the one box, the set of instructions and the extra handle, not per razor. Is this worth noting? If someone will direct me to a web site I probably could give a better ID of the objects.

Found one on EBay, only this one has a better box than the one in the shop I found. the second one in this lot I did not note the name but same general set up (in case there was more thn manufacturer).
See:http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-Rolls-Razor-1930s-Imperial-2-The-Whetter_W0QQitemZ110405955730QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b4b53092&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

Sorry about that folks. I recently read a post somewhere that explained why posts that ask the value are not appropriate, in that they are generally lead ins to make "me an offer", and should be placed in the commercial section and without trickery.

This was not my intention, so my apology to you all. If someone is interested you can contact Jean Gillard at Springhridge Antiques, R.R. 1 Muirkirk Ont. Canada N0L 1X0 [519-674-3546].

I repeat I have no interest in this item, or should I say items, or in this source. Jean is closing down her business and the pricing reflects that. She isn't doing it in a panic, as it is on her farm, not like she has to pay rent, or anything.

Al (in Canada)

Al I don't think you offended anyone....I just think no ones interested.

Shave stuff is kinda like pipe stuff... I've got my routine down and really have little interest in things outside of my little myopic version, well other than looking at stuff just for the sake of looking at stuff. :D

puros_bran":jw84nsrr said:
Al I don't think you offended anyone....I just think no ones interested.

Shave stuff is kinda like pipe stuff... I've got my routine down and really have little interest in things outside of my little myopic version, well other than looking at stuff just for the sake of looking at stuff. :D
Well dang! I would rather have ticked someone off than bored them. :evil:

Al (in Canada)

lol....
Its against the laws of nature for a Canadian (even a transplanted one) to tick someone off.