A Refugee from PM

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lighter iD's, Left to right:

Zippo
Dunhill Rollagas in silver plate, circa 1960 ( a pleasure to use)
Superior lift arm, pre WWII (very much like the pre-war Dunhill lift arm)
IM Corona Old Boy, circa 2013 (Butane. A great lighter)

Dunhill did make petrol lighters in the lift-arm style, and I do intend to buy one some day. The usual style seen is plain silver plate, but there are a multitude of variations, some more garish than others.

Good to see you here also Zonomo. Thought that you had moved out of the PNW. I hope to get up there next summer.

To all the refuges, and the reg folk thank you for the warm welcome.

cajun":vak0y78z said:
To all the refuges, and the reg folk thank you for the warm welcome.
It's getting to be a regular PM ghetto in here! Welcome aboard!

Anyone got a general idea how many migrated?
~Ron

welcome to another familiar face ... glad you made the trip over ...

Woodsroad":nfnwez79 said:
LAD: Lighter Acquisition Disorder
I made that up.

lighters-vi.jpg

I hail from The Great State of Pennsylvania, (northern) Bucks County
The only State in the Union with no tobacco taxes.
LAD makes perfect sense around here. Northern Bucks? Nice area, I've visited my sister there often (near Quakertown)

Woodsroad":s29dribr said:
Where near Quakertown? That's where I am.
She taught for Bucks County in Quakertown until she retired a few years ago and now lives out in the country a few miles. The address is 'Ottsville', which I gather is mostly just the post office :D 

Ottsville is southeast of me, a very beautiful area, where the land starts to head down to the Delaware River. Lots of creeks and little ravines, as well as wonderful views out towards rural Northwestern New Jersey. My daughter goes to overnight camp near Ottsville and is in the Quakertown schools...If you get out this way, drop me a line.

Woodsroad":pm2pylu3 said:
Ottsville is southeast of me, a very beautiful area, where the land starts to head down to the Delaware River. Lots of creeks and little ravines, as well as wonderful views out towards rural Northwestern New Jersey. My daughter goes to overnight camp near Ottsville and is in the Quakertown schools...If you get out this way, drop me a line.
Will do!

rmason":i2jbjhcj said:
Anyone got a general idea how many migrated?
~Ron
Ron, I'm thinking about a dozen or more, plus another dozen or more so far who are "on the fence" and joined BoB over certain frustrations with the "other"site. Then there's probably yet another dozen who are member of BoB and PM Forums and many of those have contacted me saying they plan to spend more time here now.

To all those, I wish you well and I most certainly hope to see you here my friends.

Hey DrT999 - What are those bomb things below your posts and what do the red/black colors mean? They're pretty cool.

Let me just insert a comment here. Some of the recent threads that were closed were sort of similar to this one. It is always best for everybody to try to keep separate forums, separate. We are aware of a recent large influx of new members. That's great! But if it was caused by some event elsewhere, we would rather not have it discussed much. Sometimes feelings get heated in a hurry in this limited mode of communication.

When I am elsewhere, I don't talk about happenings from other forums. I keep them separate. Except when news of interest to all can be communicated. When a well liked pipe smoker passes and I know he was a member elsewhere. Otherwise, what happens in Rome, stays in Rome.

Please continue.

The discussion about BoB's Bombers, and how they have taken an old tradition to new heights is pretty good.

Carlos":wmgcajyi said:
What happens in Rome, stays in Rome.  

The discussion about BoB's Bombers, and how they have taken an old tradition to new heights is pretty good.
Makes sense to me. Can you please post a link to the BoBs Bombers for the FNGs? Sounds interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.