A rough bit of physical therapy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Oh my dear Lord I am so sore! I thought the massage would be nice, but the finish was a bit too much effort so soon! I might have to spend a couple of days in bed after this session. Guess I'm not going to get a lot done this weekend........

Oh well..........

OW,

Some of the massage sessions I had post back surgery were absolutely excruciating.

The silver lining? It will get much less painful as you start to improve.

I will say though, that if it wasn't for the massage therapy that I ultimately ended up paying for out of pocket (worth every penny), I would be in much worse shape overall today. Those sessions really, really helped get right.

Hang in there buddy! I know how hard it is to put up with but after a few sessions it won't hurt so much.

Jim

Blackhorse":knklsv4j said:
I was waiting for him to tell us he strangled the therapist...like the last one.  I’d say things were on the upswing.  No assault charges.
No, I didn't strangler her, this time...... The same one showed up out here though and caught me doing stuff I wasn't supposed to..

She did manage to slap me back pretty hard though when she showed up. Quite the motivator!

I'll bet she's at least part Klingon... Her extraction of bodily fluids are a bit unorthodox, yet still efficient... I'm told Tuesday the blood work comes back from last week's sample. I heard discussion of a possible spinal fluid leak, but no one has any info for me directly... I am just told to rest.... And now I have this guard standing watch over me.....

(sigh)

Doing things you’re not supposed to???

Fine! What are you doing? Playing Twister I suppose. Brilliant. Go ahead and screw yourself up for life...slobbering spinal fluid all over everything. If you ruin your spine and can’t walk right...don’t come running to me! Or something like that.

I was merely running a 14 inch electric chainsaw (as it does not require a pull start) and cutting some small pieces of tree limbs into smaller pieces for kindling. I just rested the saw on the table and fed the limbs a bit at a time into a bucket. Nothing strenuous, and I was wearing my back brace.

I was told I had some minor fracturing of some vertebrae and they would heal eventually. I figured if they released me that it wasn't a big deal. I'm not riding or bungee jumping or anything like that. I just loaded up on pain meds and went outside to do SOMETHING! I'm not good at sitting or laying about....

Blackhorse":zegjebsm said:
Oh fine. Take a handful of pain meds and go out and play with a chainsaw. Nice. Perfect. Can I sign out a life insurance policy on you?
Sure why not?

Plenty of other have 'em. Of course, they are still waiting too, or died before I did..... Better odds getting policies on deer hunters loaded up on bourbon and/or Busch beer though. Tis the season!:lol!:

I would have thought you would have been more careful about not getting caught! I get it though. Not being allowed to do anything is miserable. I got caught after my hip surgery regrouting the kitchen floor. I figured I was down there anyway why not.

Feel better soon
Jim

Yeah. You’re right there.

Local story - fire fighter goes out hunting, is cutting down a tree for firewood, tree falls on him, kills him. So yeah. Hunting kills. Or something.

Weird twist. Sorta like Revenge of the Firewood. How much wood did the guy need anyway? Really sad.

Ozark Wizard":f34a5zjq said:
I was told I had some minor fracturing of some vertebrae and they would heal eventually. I figured if they released me that it wasn't a big deal. 
This doesn’t seem as reassuring as intended. But as long as it was only
minor and only some vertebra were affected, maybe it’s okay ...

Christopher Cross Ozzie, take it easy on yourself as you heal. Can't have you backsliding into more physical therapy. And what's up with the spinal leakage? Doctor-speak for more dough for more expen$ive tests? :shock:

Seriously, I totally get your impatience and want of activity. That's what you're used to after all. Just take it a bit slower iffen you can. Don't want you back in hospital this soon!

:face:

Cheers,

RR

Wiz: please take care of yourself! And be glad that therapy will help (at least a bit). Try to stick around and turn from a regular codger into a certified Old Codger!

DrT999":li78da4t said:
Wiz: please take care of yourself!  And be glad that therapy will help (at least a bit).  Try to stick around and turn from a regular codger into a certified Old Codger!
Like a bona fide Old guy/ Codger, with papers and all?

Sounds threatening, dangerous, full of adventure.........

I'll have to sleep on it. I'll get back to you!

Ozark Wizard":qoaynxpm said:
DrT999":qoaynxpm said:
Wiz: please take care of yourself!  And be glad that therapy will help (at least a bit).  Try to stick around and turn from a regular codger into a certified Old Codger!
Like a bona fide Old guy/ Codger, with papers and all?

Sounds threatening, dangerous, full of adventure.........

I'll have to sleep on it. I'll get back to you!
Yeah, I'm told I'll soon have to acquire a lawn so I can tell kids to get off of it.

Stick":t8dr1348 said:
They're not called physioterrorists for nothing Wiz :lol!:
And for good reason, Sir Stick!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kzw1_2b-I7A" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>