A scary hour

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
Something to remember if it ever happens to you...

Upon waking this morning, ALL my Gmail account passwords were no good.

Super careful, triple checked, ultra slow (while looking at the keys) re-entry of passwords. Nope.

Started the recovery procedure... which referred to a long-gone alternate MSN email account. Dead end.

My ISP had performed some significant maintenance last night that took everyone off line for nine hours (they let us know it was coming), so I spent 30 minutes on hold to see if any other customers had called in with the same pw problem. Nope again.

Cleared all cookies, caches, etc. Rebooted the machine. No help.

Googled what other locked out people had done in the past, and started to feel sick. The non-alternate-email-account pw recovery process was a pain that took 5 days minimum---has to be human-reviewed---and proving you're not a hacker is very difficult.

Next: join a tech forum that had some threads about the situation.

In the process, I typed a word with a "Q" in it. As in, the rarely used letter.

Nada. She no work. Dead key.

:?: :?: :?:

:!: :!: :!:

<<smack forehead>>

Yup, all my passwords had a Q in them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheers:

DOH!! We have two VW Jettas with identical keys- you know, the little flip open ones. Many a time I have gotten the wrong one out and am fuming because I cant open the door. Then it dawns on me.....
:confused:

The question is LL, have you now set up a secondary email address for password recovery?

jhuggett":6e39lmxb said:
The question is LL, have you now set up a secondary email address for password recovery?
Dang Jason........ now why did'nt I think of that! :roll:

jhuggett":r0w6llby said:
Anyone else have a cloud-based Gmail equivalent? I don't want to mess with all that POP3 jazz.

Any web based account should do... I have Comcast as a provider so I just use that account. They have a web log in if you don't want to set up an email client. Pretty much every ISP now does.

Arrggghh !!! Just a bunch of tekkie geeks!
A hammer would have fixed the problem!!!! :twisted:

It's pretty amazing how we've become so dependent on computers.

This is the proof that we have become too dependent on our computers.

Question:

Are you Male or Female?

To find out the answer, Look down...

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

Look down, not scroll down!

Ol'Dawg":2sw6xdh4 said:
It's pretty amazing how we've become so dependent on computers.

This is the proof that we have become too dependent on our computers.

I am NOT dependent upon my computer. well not completely. I can take it or leave it, any time I want to ( unless i want to post on here or anyother forum I post too. Or get my email, or look something up, or....). I am NOT Addicted, I can live without it.

I JUST DON'T CHOOSE TO, AT THIS TIME!

Nope i am not dependent upon it. LOL