A Smooth Radice Underwood?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeDragon

Reaction score
I was just browsing Ebay before I go to class and came across this curious number.

A Smooth Radice Underwood

I thought it was a typo in the title at first or something else but when I opened the site...it is indeed a smooth underwood by Radice (or at least the nomenclature says that on it). :?: :?:

With that said, am I missing something here or?

Heres the link for you to see for yourself: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESTATE-SMOOTH-RADICE-UNDERWOOD-PIPE-VERY-GOOD-GRAIN-/221183927780?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337f96e5e4

What do you wanna bet ol' Luigi was just in a stupor without some coffee that morning and stamped a "Clear" as an "Underwood." :sleep: It's a possibility at least.

Radice definitely mis-stamped the pipe or forgot to carve it!!! LOL
Nice shape nonetheless, and will generate some interest being an error stamping.

Stamping on Italian pipes can get a little...iffy... :scratch:
I love them, though!

Non-Anglo-Saxon peoples seem to have pretty much successfully evaded the Industrial Revolution's fixation on (in Robert Crumb's immortal phrase) "A high standard of standardness."

:face:

Yak":7a76j03l said:
Non-Anglo-Saxon peoples seem to have pretty much successfully evaded the Industrial Revolution's fixation on (in Robert Crumb's immortal phrase) "A high standard of standardness."

:face:
Nailed it!

Ocelot55":8ru8f66d said:
What do you wanna bet ol' Luigi was just in a stupor without some coffee that morning and stamped a "Clear" as an "Underwood." :sleep: It's a possibility at least.
LOL or really really "hung over" and just thought the idea of carving wax was both to "noisy" and "labor intensive" and just said "F it!!! its an Underwood in my mind and Im going back to bed! :roll: :roll: :lol!: :lol!:

Thanks also everyone for making me feel like I wasnt "losing" it when I first saw this. :roll: :?: