A Successful Concoction

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psmith

Reaction score
2/3 Semois
1/3 Wessex Gold Brick

The coffee topped straight virginia of the Gold Brick goes very nicely with the cigar note of the Semois burley.

If you have these 2 constituents give it a try. Very cigar like.

Cheers all!

Wow!

I'm getting to the bottom here and I'm for the first time tasting the nuttiness many refer to with burleys. Its like a rich hazelnut flavor.

If you try it I suggest packing it super tight and sipping slow. And be sure to dry out the Gold Brick to the same dryness as the semois.

Happy smoking.

Psmith, that is an excellent blend for sure!!! My dessert blend consists of CH 70% and VBC 30%. Even better if aged a minimum of 6 months.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I don't have any semois on hand right now. Haven't smoked any in a while. I do have some Gold Brick on the go right now. I'm really enjoying it, its stoved Virginias are very pleasant, I find.

Lonecoyote, this too was aged...about a year. I had thrown a bunch in an empty tin and forgotten about it. The colors had all mellowed to a deep dark brown and the tin note was just pure tobacco. My new favorite blend for sure.

Bone dry it all is but seems to work for this.

I'll have to get some Semois one of these days. I still have a Gold Brick somewhere, so I'm halfway there.

I gotta say, whatever topping it is on the Gold Brick, it doesn't remind me much of coffee. I know the description says coffee, but I barely notice it. :scratch:

Me neither Mister E. But there is some kind of topping that I can't really make out. I assume it is coffee and that coffee when smoked doesn't taste the same as when drank.
I wasn't really impressed by the Gold Block on its own. I guess Capstan, McClelland and SG forged my standard for virginias. Gold Block seemed more like a supporting player than a solo performer.
This VaBur is making me want to try something like ERR...maybe burley is something I need to explore.