A summertime treat... if you like sweet coffee

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSmokeamater

Reaction score
Manhattan Special espresso coffee soda:

My parents usually kept some around during the summer months. It is sweet and very strong. You can drink it straight, or add milk for a creamy treat. I prefer it with milk. It is both rich and refreshing.

I finished up a bowl of Lagonda with a bottle of it this morning. Not often found in supermarkets, you may have to go to a beverage store to find it.

Well recommended.

Thanks for the tip. I will be on the lookout for this one! 8)

Love Manhattan Special! Haven't had one in years... the many Italian delis near where I used to live always stocked it.

I love coffee and I love soda, but I don't like this stuff. I really want to, because it has a long history in the Brooklyn and the lower east side of Manhattan (where my family is from), but I just can't do it.

Obviously an east coast thing... it's intriguing... I've never had the pleasure of tasting one.

Dave_In_Philly":nqg56twv said:
I love coffee and I love soda, but I don't like this stuff. I really want to, because it has a long history in the Brooklyn and the lower east side of Manhattan (where my family is from), but I just can't do it.
If you haven't tried it with milk (whole milk!) then give it another chance. The 'coffeeness' and carbonated 'beverageness' being such familiar things together, kind of comes off weird. Milk unifies and transforms it.

Love the stuff. Made locally, no high fructose corn syrup, real coffee. Great stuff. Dave, the key is to add a decent amount of ice and let it melt for a bit to take the edge off.

Hey Mater, I live right by you - I'm in Seaford.

Sounds really good. I'd be hesitant of the carbonated aspect, but I love iced Vietnamese Cafe Sua Da.

Wonder if anywhere within walking distance of Belmont Park or Floral Park (just a couple miles NE of Belmont) sales this?

wintermute":1j7i67eu said:
Hey Mater, I live right by you - I'm in Seaford.
Hey cool! That's very close. There aren't many pipe smokers in the U.S. to begin with. It's nice to know some are near by.