A Tale Of Two Howell's

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
I finally took a photo of my Jack Howell Volkimo's and thought I'd share, man I love these pipes!

DSCN3323.jpg

Man I love those, especially the one with the white bit. Congrats on those babies!

gandalfpc,

Hey, how do you prevent the rims from blackening? Every smooth I have is, in one stage or another, blackened.

I've taken to leaving the last 2-4 mms of the bowl not packed with tobacco; I know that's supposed to help.

Thanks for the kind words, both pipes smoke flawlessly. As far as keeping the rims clean, I'm just real careful and I clean the rim after each smoke.

If I may ask, how do you clean the rims after smoking? I do, too, in fact after I smoke a pipe I rub beeswax on the rim so that after smoking, hypothetically, when I apply saliva and ribbed cloth, rubbing it so that any deposits from that smoke are removed, it should not darken, but it does.

alfredo_buscatti":6rhjb8cl said:
If I may ask, how do you clean the rims after smoking? I do, too, in fact after I smoke a pipe I rub beeswax on the rim so that after smoking, hypothetically, when I apply saliva and ribbed cloth, rubbing it so that any deposits from that smoke are removed, it should not darken, but it does.
Mike, When I fill my pipes I don't fill all the way to the top and after the smoke while the pipe is still warm I wipe off the top with a soft cotton cloth. No big secret here.

For some reason when I saw those two pipes, the song Ebony and Ivory came to mind? :lol:

Two amazing specimens for sure! Glad you are the proud own MB.