A very interesting charity shop find.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadgerbil

Reaction score
So my wife was looking for a few things for a dance workshop she's going to and we decided to hit a few of the local charity shops. While I was off looking at a victorian-esque mirror with a large safari elephant image attached to it she called over and said 'This is what you need.'

She had found the following thing and I had to take a picture with it. Apparently Avon made a cologne for a while that came in this. The glass bowl has a giant American Eagle on the side.
The cologne was horrible but I may actually have to go back and get it, clean it out and put my own home made aftershave in it. (It's pretty darn big!)
It's kind of horribly kitschy but I love it.
(I'm a little sunburned and exhausted. It has been a long morning.)

P07-21-12_12-12.jpg

That is a nifty piece of tobacciana. *sigh* How the times have changed.

Keep an eye out--the Avon "Pipe" cologne came in a variety of bottles in various pipe shapes. My better half picked me up that Oom Paul, as well as a straight billiard bottle--fortunately both empty, but still reeking of cologne that would beat up a GH full scented flake for its lunch money. No cleaning, solvent, prayer, nor Hopi sage purififying ceremony will get that smell out.

I wish you much better luck on that front.

(Even worse in smell was the *full* bottle of "First Class Male" Avon cologne, in the postbox-shaped bottle. Admittedly, a pretty funny gag gift for Valentines, but pee-yew!)

That Oom Paul is kinda neat! Never saw one. I have two of the Avon 'Corncob pipe" bottles.

I've got one of the Avon pipe bottles. Mine is the straight one. Whatever was in it smelled pretty good too. My fav Avon piece is a smokers candle in the form of a pipe smoking monkey.