A WEEK OR MORE AND NO TASTE!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrumsAndBeer":tfvplf07 said:
When it comes to allergies, asthma and respiratory maladies, the Sacramento valley is categorized as "Cruel and Unusual." The no-taste or distorted flavor thing happens to me at least 4 times a year, mostly in spring, summer or fall. It's all nasal, and your sniffer is not calibrated correctly. I can throw all the Flonase, Claritin, Allegra and any other BS allergy medication at it and no matter what, it is what it is and it's going to happen and it will persevere. Nothing and I mean nothing beats a regular saline sinus rinse using a Neti Pot. You need to be persistent with it otherwise it's of little use, but twice a day for a good week or two typically has me feeling a lot better and tasting things as they are meant to taste.    
I don't think its an allergy, my nose is not running, eyes not itching or burning, no stuffed up or congestion other then usual.
In fact there clear as a bell today. I tried some Biotene and having a strong urge for some nic I lit a pipe and found some improvement. Not complete improvement but, I tasted the tobacco yet it was not the usual taste but was satisfying to an extent without bitterness. I'll just have to wait it out it seems and pray for improvement.
I know this may seem like I'm putting too much value into being able to enjoy a pipe but, it's my only pleasure nowadays this side of buying pipes. Yeah, what a life, or no life but its mine and all I've got.  ;) 

I fine for myself snacking on apples or fruit slices, Sharp cheese and white wine gets me back in a few days.  :study: 

Boulder":ih73x409 said:

I fine for myself snacking on apples or fruit slices, Sharp cheese and white wine gets me back in a few days.  :study: 
Although the Biotene is helping a lot I'll give the fruit and cheese a try but, no alcohol for me. Unless I want to start another bad habit back again..........falling down.  :fpalm: