A Word From Your Host....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Hello All,

With so many new faces around here and so many more new members signing up daily I thought I should briefly introduce myself to you all. My name's Dock and I'm from Western Massachusetts. I'm the co administrator of this board along with our founder Jhuggett. Our moderators are Puff Daddy and Carlos.

I've been in and around the pipe hobby since around the age of 21. I got seriously into collecting a few later and it took off from there. Around 1998 I started frequently lurking at pipes.org and alt.smokers.pipes. I believe I began posting at these places around 2001. In 2004 I joined the Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club of Boston where I served as President for two years. I'm still very active with the club though as a loyal member now rather than a president...

My focus has shifted many times over the years but for now I collect Danish,American & German highgrades with an acute intrest in pipes by Danish carver Kurt Balleby. I also love Cornelius Maenz, Rad Davis, Mike Parks, JT Cooke, Bruce Weaver, ect. I prefer sandblasts over smooths though I own many of each. I've gravitated to far smaller pipes over the last few years moving from magnums down to light weight grp 3 and 4 sized briars.

I'm a dedicated smoker of MacBaren's Navy Flake. Though my cellar contains a bit of everything, NF has been my "go to" smoke for a couple of years now which is a big departure from Dunhill's #965 which I smoked regularly for many years. I also enjoy Original Bells Three Nuns and Cope's Escudo as well as many vapers.

When not surfing the net I can be found hunting around antique stores, flea markets and auctions for old pipes, tobacco jars, advertising items and ephemera. My second love after buying pipes and tobacco is buying related collectibles especially rare and out of print books on smoking. I have a fairly extensive library which includes hundreds of books on the subject. I also collect old pipe/tobacco catalogs postcards and ephemera.

I also enjoy working out regularly, watching reality TV ,watching old movies, tinkering with old British cars and spending time with my long suffering g'friend...

Pleased to meet you, Dock.
It seems that we share at least two common interests-Danish pipes and British Cars.

Pleasure to meet you Dock. Had a 66 Sunbeam Alpine for a while...long story, wish I'd kept it.