Abraham Lincoln vampire slayer.....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSmokeamater

Reaction score
....WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes. Apparently there is a new major motion picture that tells of Abraham Lincoln's crusade to kill vampires before he became president.

This is THE stupidest thing I have ever heard. Sounds more like an idea for a comedy skit than a movie.

Abe-Lincoln-Riding-Grizzly-Bear-Holding-Gun.jpg

It's from a book that was written during the wave of rewriting the classics. (See Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters.)
I read all of them through and thoroughly disliked them all. I'm not one to shy away from a book just because it's different and really do give a good faith try to get over any initial dislike and judge the book objectively. (I'm a voracious reader so I generally just enjoy reading.)

I love Jane Austen's novels and was absolutely prepared to love them with this kind of modern twist. The new writer simply hadn't understood the sheer wry wit and sarcasm she put into her writing sometimes and the additions were completely false, flat and out of place because of it.

With Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter I thought it would maybe be a little bit better. No old and well loved book being jarred with a new writer's interjections. I was wrong. The whole book read like someone had mashed together the story with little editing or any attempt to refine it. While I thought it could actually be a funny and interesting idea for a book, it came across as a juvenile mash up of History Class and knock off Anne Rice novels. All in I have no intention of seeing the film because the book was so terrible.

Dreadgerbil":jwf925ij said:
It's from a book that was written during the wave of rewriting the classics. (See Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters.)
I read all of them through and thoroughly disliked them all. I'm not one to shy away from a book just because it's different and really do give a good faith try to get over any initial dislike and judge the book objectively. (I'm a voracious reader so I generally just enjoy reading.)

I love Jane Austen's novels and was absolutely prepared to love them with this kind of modern twist. The new writer simply hadn't understood the sheer wry wit and sarcasm she put into her writing sometimes and the additions were completely false, flat and out of place because of it.

With Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter I thought it would maybe be a little bit better. No old and well loved book being jarred with a new writer's interjections. I was wrong. The whole book read like someone had mashed together the story with little editing or any attempt to refine it. While I thought it could actually be a funny and interesting idea for a book, it came across as a juvenile mash up of History Class and knock off Anne Rice novels. All in I have no intention of seeing the film because the book was so terrible.
Thanks,
the film has the stink of garbage all over it just from the commercial.

Don't ask me about my screenplay retelling the American Revolution with cyborgs. I'll just say, it's awesome.

8)

Kyle Weiss":l0s60330 said:
Don't ask me about my screenplay retelling the American Revolution with cyborgs. I'll just say, it's awesome.

8)
I don't know . . . a Nathan Hale cyborg saying "I'll be back" just doesn't have the same sentiments, somehow. . . .

DrT999":1s9t6whm said:
Kyle Weiss":1s9t6whm said:

8)
I don't know . . . a Nathan Hale cyborg saying "I'll be back" just doesn't have the same sentiments, somehow. . . .
But Paul Revere would be played by Brent Spiner in a classic role reminiscent of Star Trek, The Next Generation... 8)

Kyle Weiss":0jx3dwbh said:
DrT999":0jx3dwbh said:
Kyle Weiss":0jx3dwbh said:

8)
But Paul Revere would be played by Brent Spiner in a classic role reminiscent of Star Trek, The Next Generation... 8)
You know, I could actually see that working. But THIS is all I want from a new vampire film franchise:

I concur 100%. The reality of vampires should not be screwed up by adding the legend of Lincoln.

Addled brain fool! Darrel Waltrip can kiss my arse too while I'm thinking about it.

Anyone a native born Kentuckian who claims to be from anywere else is undeserving of that blessed privilege and high station of the position.

George Kaplan":b8yv0dpp said:
Kyle Weiss":b8yv0dpp said:
DrT999":b8yv0dpp said:
Kyle Weiss":b8yv0dpp said:

8)
You know, I could actually see that working. But THIS is all I want from a new vampire film franchise:

I love this pic.

Anyway, I saw the movie. It was..interesting experience. Then again, don't know what did I expect from a movie with such title...

To fully appreciate this genre you need a pair of Wayfarers and an ironic mustache. Oh, and skinny jeans.

Dave_In_Philly":tmnhcpc5 said:
To fully appreciate this genre you need a pair of Wayfarers and an ironic mustache. Oh, and skinny jeans.
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol!: :lol!: