Absent

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briar Spirit

Reaction score
Been really going through the mill lately and haven't had the emotional strength to do much of anything, had a close call with a heart problem not so long ago and things have worsened on an epic scale on the home front.

Both Walt & Rande have been in touch me and have urged me a little to pop along and say hello, it has taken me a while to build up the strength and courage to do so. Feeling very emotional and extremely vulnerable, there is so much stress and woe here on the home front for me that I am struggling just getting through each day. My depression has got really bad, so bad I shut down entirely for a couple of weeks, just couldn't cope with anything at all, trying to get some help and support from my GP but that is proving more problematic than could be believed.

Well, don't want to be a total nuisance by going too deeply into anything, love you guys and wish you all the very best.

Kirk, I hate to hear you have been feeling so bad. Have you ever read a book called "Man's Search for Meaning," by Viktor Frankl?

Sometimes doctors and prescription meds just complicate or make matters worse with the prevalence of side effects these days. A change of perspective can do a lot of good with no side effects, and best of all, you aren't married to the manufacturer.

Hope you get to feeling better and start hanging around again brother.

Kirk mate, you have a great many friends and supporters here on BoB. Many of us have your wonderful pipes and are familiar with your skills in crafting fine smoking briars with the minimum of equipment. Your creations are truly a labor of love.

We're all here for you mate, no matter what. Through thick and thin.

Don't hesitate to pour your heart out if and when you have a mind to. You'll find support and caring. I'd like to bet many of us have been in similar situations at some point in our lives and can commiserate and empathize. Perhaps even offer practical and helpful advice, if it's welcome.

You're not alone out there Kirk. Not when you have your network of mates here.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Hang in there, Kirk! I'd been wondering where you were. Hopefully your troubles will pass quickly. I'll send good vibes!

The world is full of seasons; of anguish, of laughter, and it comes to mind to write you this:

Nothing is sure...........
Nothing is pure..............
And no matter who we think we are, everyone gets his chance to be nothing.

Love's supposed to heal, but it breaks my heart to feel the pain in your writings, but you know, it's all going somewhere........ And I would crush my heart and throw it in the street if I could pay for your choices.

I've been scraping little shavings off my ration of light, and I've formed it into a ball, and each time I pack a bit more onto it. I make a bowl of my hands and I scoop it from its secret cache under a loose board in the floor, and I blow across it, and I send it to you, against those moments when the darkness blows under your door.....

Kirk, we are always here for you mate. The pipes I have from you bring me much joy when I smoke them. Reminds me of the friendship with you my friend. Always here for you a buddy.

Good to hear from you my friend. Try to hang in there and smoke a bowl of your favorite blend. Things always look better after a good smoke. If I can do anything to help you know where to find me. :)

AJ

Kirk, best wishes to you sir. As said by many, you have a lot of friends at BoB who are ready and willing to provide support to you if needed.

I didn't really feel up to coming here again today but as I was reading my Bible this evening I felt a strong urging to come here and just be with you all for a while. As you guys may recall I have fairly recently found myself to be a re-born Christian so I spend a lot of my time reading the Bible these days, not a lot else I can do with my situation eh. :)

ajn27511":t3piccco said:
Good to hear from you my friend. Try to hang in there and smoke a bowl of your favorite blend. Things always look better after a good smoke. If I can do anything to help you know where to find me. :)

AJ
That is so sweet of you AJ and I thank you from my heart for as much, wish I could enjoy a smoke Brother, the few pipes and tobacco I had left after the incident with the shelves were all thrown in the trash by my Ex' whilst I was in hospital after my heart attack. Money is real tight right now, ha, like it was ever not eh, it'll be a good long while afore I can afford to buy myself a cheap pipe and a couple of tins of baccy but I'll get them eventually, have no fear of that. :)

Good to have you back Kirk. 8)

You're a stand up gentleman, and many of us here consider you a friend & think of you fondly.

Be well, buddy. :D

DrumsAndBeer":zday1id5 said:
Good to have you back Kirk. 8)

You're a stand up gentleman, and many of us here consider you a friend & think of you fondly.

Be well, buddy. :D

Appreciate that very much Buddy, thank you.

WB to BoB. Sorry to hear that things aren't going well. We'll keep you in our prayers. Sometimes it helps me to remember this verse. 2 Cor. 12:9 “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Hope it helps and things get better. :)

eklektos44":l2o2c44v said:
WB to BoB. Sorry to hear that things aren't going well. We'll keep you in our prayers. Sometimes it helps me to remember this verse. 2 Cor. 12:9 “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Hope it helps and things get better. :)
A powerful message indeed, thank you for reminding of it. :)

Hang in there, Kirk. Some days it doesn't seem worth it, but we do it anyway. We do it because we're tough, stubborn bastards and that's all we know. Then sooner or later we find the REAL reason WHY we kept grinding on. It sneaks up on you. It GETS worth it. You're worth it. I promise.

George Kaplan":a7qmwf59 said:
Hang in there, Kirk. Some days it doesn't seem worth it, but we do it anyway. We do it because we're tough, stubborn bastards and that's all we know. Then sooner or later we find the REAL reason WHY we kept grinding on. It sneaks up on you. It GETS worth it. You're worth it. I promise.
Thanks George, doesn't feel worth it at all on any day just now, I'm sleeping on the floor (a concrete floor) on a very thin old futon mattress, might as well be on the ground itself and every time I move it hurts so bad it stirs me awake each and every time. The days are filled with very unpleasant discourse from my Ex', I'm sure you can imagine the sort of things a woman has to say to a man she now despises, it's really not good Buddy and my two girls treat me like I am complete garbage. My health is suffering terribly due to my living conditions, I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to being able to have a smoke at least in a couple of months time.

Didn't say it'll be easy. It won't be. But it will be worth it. If this were an easy job, we'd all be much better at it.