Acid Kuba Kuba Review

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsKot

Reaction score
Where to start? First things first, this little baby is different as you may know, unlike any other cigars out there, even other aromatics. Unlike other aromatic cigars out there the flavorings in the Acid cigars are from botanicals, herbs and other natural oils added to the cigars tobacco, which, if I had to guess, were 100% long leaf more on that later. The construction was sound, although not as firm as most cigars. It cut easily enough using a run-of-the-mill perfect cutter with a nice open draw as I like. As soon as I lit the thing up and licked my lips I was astounded with how sweet it was! The light was easy with a nice even, slow burn even despite being less dense than most. I don;t know if I lucked out or not, but this ash stayed on MUCH longer than I anticipated, at least half of the cigars length was ash before it dell to its demise in my lap, leading me to believe that the filler was indeed long leaf. On to taste, as I said it was sweet with mild hints of spice, very mild. The sweetness was accompanied by a vanilla like aroma and flavor, after seeing the recent thread in the tobacco jar on deer tongue and reading into it a bit on my own I am under the impression that that is one of the additions to the cigar, but of course it could just be the placebo effect, seeing as it was on my mind I naturally leaned to it. The flavor was stubborn and did not change much at all during the cigar, I'd even go as far as to say it was the same throughout. However I did notice that the first inch or so immediately following the ash would get super spongy and soft, more so than any other cigar I've had to date, not a downfall at all, just something I took note of. The only problem I encountered was with the band, I thought it looked a bit big, so I took it off, knowing I'd like to smoke past it, and as I peeled it off a bit of the wrapper wanted to come along with it so I just wet my finger and dabbed her back down and had to do that a few more times; nothing major. Overall I really enjoyed the smoke, it tasted better than I had envisioned, lasted longer and simply overall exceeded my expectations. I'd recommend trying this if you're looking for something different, and expect nothing less. It was good, but not enough to make me turn on regular all tobacco cigars. The price wasn't terribly cheap, but you can spend much more on a stick with little effort, so steer clear if you feel you may not like it at the price point, but otherwise don't fret! I hope this little review shed some light on a cigar so many classic cigar smokers are up in arms about. Take care all and happy smoking no matter what it is!

As much as I dislike 'aromatics' I do like the Kuba Kuba..

They have a few other good ones I cant remember the name of.. one taste like Tea.. another like coffee.. pretty good stuff actually.
Kinda gimmicky, but everything has a time and place.

puros_bran":bekkbkoq said:

They have a few other good ones I cant remember the name of.. one taste like Tea.. another like coffee.. pretty good stuff actually.
Kinda gimmicky, but everything has a time and place.
It's interesting you bring that up, because at one point I said to my buddy while enjoying the smoke that it kind of tasted like sweet tea... really sweet tea. If anyone from the southeast reads this, think Milo's sweet tea.

puros_bran":qyfycfc8 said:

They have a few other good ones I cant remember the name of.. one taste like Tea.. another like coffee.. pretty good stuff actually.Kinda gimmicky, but everything has a time and place.
"Cold Infusion Tea" & "Java"
Johnathan Drew is one cool fella. Makes some wild stogies for sure.

I'm surprised that Drew hasn't ventured into pipe tobacco, he could bring some of his insane twists to pipes.

ZeroContent":jlz11xoy said:
I'm surprised that Drew hasn't ventured into pipe tobacco, he could bring some of his insane twists to pipes.
You could always grab some pot pouri and toss it in your pipe if you want a drew pipe tobacco!!

haha sorry to thread jack, I couldn't help it,
:lol!:

ZeroContent":coypej0n said:
I would have to agree since CAO has done it and have got great results, But I have ventrued into some pipe blending with acid stogie and got great results I blended a Extrodanary larry with some Black cavendish and a touch of McClelland sryian latakia and came up with great results... as for the topic at hand Kuba Kuba is a great smoke and i think Jonathan Drew has got the botanical and oil formula dialed in just right early Kuba Kuba's were either to overwhelming or some what inconsistant in flavor... another thing if keeping ACID series cigars around keep 2 seperate humidors learned the hard way in my early days of cigar smoking that even 2 Acid cigars in a humidor of about 20 others those 2 will just dominate the humidor and infuse the other stogies with that flavor and smell.

I'm not a fan of acid cigars, but Drew estates put out some great non flavored cigars....the Liga Privada being the best of them, you guys should head down to the shop and try one.....definately worth it

Boxerbuddy":wn0uo6jb said:
I'm not a fan of acid cigars, but Drew estates put out some great non flavored cigars....the Liga Privada being the best of them, you guys should head down to the shop and try one.....definately worth it
This

Also, picked up the new My Uzi Weighs a Ton but haven't tried one yet. Gonna grab the Undercrown when I get around to it, too. Though, I just got a box of Tat Wolfmen so I should probably restrain myself for a while....