Acquisitions

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiser83

Reaction score
I finally got pics of all the acquisitions I made while away taken. Some new toby, some aged toby, and a variety of pipes.

Top to bottom and left to right: Random meerschaum, Careys 1/4 Bent Bulldog, Big Ben Pipo, Random little pipe. Molina, Dunhill, Ben Wade, Stanwell, Boswell, Savinelli, MacQueen Ranger.

Close up of the Ben Wade, Dunhill, and Stanwell

Just two I liked.

Some new, a lot of aged toby from pipestud.

Davidoff I picked up in Dubai.

Squadron Leader from pipestud, the others from JR.

The frogs and an 06 Christmas Cheer.

Wellington, Dr. Grabow (first pipe), and 2 kits.

Uh...yeah a few pounds, i know Treebeard, Chocolate Mousse, Old Toby Stash, Ruins of Isengard, McClelland 5110, and a couple others are in there.

3 more pounds before jarring.

Pipe Cabinet.

Got this batch of toby in the mail today from pipestud. Also picked up the Mario Grandi which smokes awesome and the Stanwell brass band.

I have another MacQueen on the way and a risque meerschaum I am still waiting on to get here also, but that is the collection. Sorry the pics are so big and there are so many.

Wow, you've been busy in your time away! I LOVE the Stanwell in the second picture and the one in the last, they're real lookers! Nice haul of tobacco as well, enjoy it!

A nice, varied collection of both pipes and tobacco!! You're well on your way :p

Thank you both. I take a lot of the reviews from off the forum here and give them a whirl. The only toby so far I have really disliked was MacBaren Vanilla Cream which was pert near hurl worthy lol.

You're a smart man, to not list your new bride as an "acquisition". :D
So you were ordering all of this while deployed and having it shipped to a stateside address, right? Were you a little shocked by the size of your stash when you saw it all in one place?

George Kaplan":rl6cu1b9 said:
So you were ordering all of this while deployed and having it shipped to a stateside address, right? Were you a little shocked by the size of your stash when you saw it all in one place?
Dang if I had thought to put her into the acquisition category I would have lol. Allow me to add her and the new step-son to the list :twisted:
Yep, I was ordering from there and sending home. I was a little shocked but I had some idea of how big the collection was because I tried to keep track of it on tobaccocellar.com. I think it is up around 12-13 pounds or so now.
Opened up another tin of Frog Morton and am working on it now.

kaiser83":56jd16xf said:
The only toby so far I have really disliked was MacBaren Vanilla Cream which was pert near hurl worthy lol.
I'll be dang. While not one of my favorites, I didn't think it was That bad. Actually mine smoked pretty well, I have plans to order more of this one. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Nice collection of Pipes and a Great variety of Tobaccos. I can forsee these selections bringing you many years of pleasure.

The overwhelming vanilla was just a bit much for me with the vanilla cream. Problem is I have a full pound of Lane 1-Q, that apparently has a vanilla flavor, that I am shying away from because of the MacBaren. :ewe:

kaiser83":4a16532d said:
The overwhelming vanilla was just a bit much for me with the vanilla cream. Problem is I have a full pound of Lane 1-Q, that apparently has a vanilla flavor, that I am shying away from because of the MacBaren. :ewe:
Add a bit of Lane's BCA to it. The BCA tones down the Vanilla and gives the blend a whole new dimension. My preferred mix is a 2:1 ratio - 2-parts 1-Q and 1 part BCA. Give that a try before you toss it out. It's good enough that I now keep it in my regular rotation. You will even see it occasionally mentioned on here as BCAQ.

Thanks Rob I will grab myself some then and give it a whirl. I appreciate the suggestion.

kaiser83":77azmdjd said:
Thanks Rob I will grab myself some then and give it a whirl. I appreciate the suggestion.
Lane's BCA is a great blender as well, not just for 1-Q. Several Brothers here mix it in with other blends as well - to either give them that 'something extra' that some blends need, or to tone down a rougher & more harsh blend.

Better yet, just forget the BCA and send me the pound of 1-Q! :lol!:

Rob_In_MO":9p7iqi7p said:
Better yet, just forget the BCA and just send me the pound of 1-Q! :lol!:
Hey it may just happen depending on how this mix works once I get a chance lol.

George Kaplan":v7ysg5jo said:
Also noticed your Penzance wasn't pictured. Nice to know you place it right up there on the same level as your wife. Bet she feels special!

One of the tins is out in the truck right now for my errands tomorrow and the other is down in the basement with the rest of the stash.

Thirty one years ago for our first Christmas together my wife bought me a Sherlock Holmes pipe cabinet just like yours. It's hanging on the wall in my bedroom right now. Does yours have the glossary and the pipe shape chart printed on cork inside the doors? I still refer to mine now and then for a definition or to check a shape. Nice cabinet!

williamcharles":docreska said:
Thirty one years ago for our first Christmas together my wife bought me a Sherlock Holmes pipe cabinet just like yours. It's hanging on the wall in my bedroom right now. Does yours have the glossary and the pipe shape chart printed on cork inside the doors? I still refer to mine now and then for a definition or to check a shape. Nice cabinet!
Yes it has the definitions and pipe shapes. I really like the cabinet and it will hold most of my pipes which is nice.