admit you read comics

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the old EC horror and sci/fi comics, especially the stuff by Wally Wood. I also really like the EC imitators of that era.

Love 'em.

I'm a big Allan Moore fan, and I've pretty much gotten everything he has ever written. My favorite comic of all time is From Hell.

I read lots of other stuff too. Lately I've been into "funny books". Meaning, comics that are funny (obviously). I usually read more "serious" comics, but the funny stuff has really been getting me lately.

As for comic strips, for me there can be only one: Bloom County. And I can't express how much it pleases me that they have finally released all of Bloom County in chronological order in the volumes of "the Bloom County Library". I would recommend these to anyone, but especially to people who grew up in the 80's and early 90's.

I used to read anything with Wolverine and have picked up a few graphic novels since that time. I find them really unfulfilling however in that i treat them as books and read them cover to cover in less than 20mins. hardly stopping to admire the art i find its the story that i want, so from now on i think i'll stick to books.

Just finished with the Scott Pilgrim books, read at a friend's insistent behest. Didn't get a whole lot from them, being neither Canadian nor a hipster.

I still read The Beano. Infact, I recently came across a bunch of annuals and they now reside in the bathroom, perfect for when I'm on the throne.

Was a collector years, even worked in a comic book shop for a couple of years, it was my primary job as I worked a second and sometimes third job. Still have my full collection of several thousand books.

Had to stop collecting though, I tend to, especially then, let my OCD get the best of me.

I collected and read various comic books as a kid. My favorites were Superman, GI Joe, Sergeant Rock, and X-Men. The only one I keep up on these days is The Walking Dead. I haven't missed an issue.

Due to budget constrains and the time spent vs the money spent ratio that's highly unfavourable I don't buy them.
I don't read the usual mass produced comic-book series, but I really like a good dark graphic novel. :)