Adrian James Sandblasted Canadian Review

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joequo

Reaction score
Hello everyone! For me, today has been a joyful day as my recently ordered pipe was waiting for me in my mailbox! There is some brief but important back story to this pipe, some of which was discussed in this thread, but I'll give you the basic rundown:

I was browsing ebay for a pipe like so many of us do when bit by PAD and came across a sandblasted canadian under the brand Tria America. To my delight the price was low at about 28.00 with about a day and a half left in the auction. I waited until the auction was about to close and put in my final bid which came to 38.55 with free shipping! I won!

So I e-mailed the seller and told him that I was excited to receive the pipe and that from what I could see in the pictures it was certainly worth more than the final auction price. I also said that if the pipe was as nice as I suspected, then I would post a review of the pipe and spread word about the brand to my fellow pipe lovers. What the seller told me is that his name is Adrian James and that he will in the future be selling his hand crafted pipes under his actual name instead of under the Tria America brand. This makes a lot of sense to me as having a name associated with a pipe personally makes me feel more connected to it, knowing that I'm buying a real person’s special work of art.

So here I am to review this work of art! Pictured below is the pipe in my hand:

As you can see it’s quite beautiful but the picture doesn’t do it justice. It’s a nice sized pipe and my first pipe I’ve had with a bakelite stem. The bakelite has a very luxury glass-like quality to it and is quite impressive in person. The black band toward the lip of the stem is a piece of heatshrink—I’m starting to heatshrink the ends of my pipe stems to preserve their condition so I don’t have to buff them so often. This bakelite seems very durable but the heatshink also provides a nice comfortable softness. Anyway, I’ve taken the pipe for a test drive already, loading it up with James Fox Provost Mixture…and the results were outstanding. Smokes great from the first bowl—no odd taste, no wetness, no overheating, nothing. Just a great smoking experience.

So my fellow BoBers, draw what conclusions you will but let me just say I encourage you to keep your eye on Adrian James and his fine pipes in the future. In fact, there are two pipe and pen sets that are being auctioned off ebay under the Tria America brand name right this moment. I’m going to try to control myself since I just got this pipe, but Adrian told me that the pipe I have and I imagine the two on ebay right now are the last Tria America pipes that will ever be sold before he switches over to the Adrian James branding. These might become collector’s items! So yeah, I love it! That is all :D

Very nice looking blasted Billiard for sure !! That long stem is unusual for a Billiard but it looks good on that one :p

Shrinkwrap idea sounds great! Could you link to one of his auctions?