After many tries....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smg913

Reaction score
here is the first pipe that I have completed from an ebauchon And a stick of acrylic.

the button on the stem is pretty and there is many things I am unhappy with but over I am happy with the progress sorry for the bad pic

But, you are gettin there.....nice work so far.

Nothing easy about pipe carving.

thank you

yea for some reason I thought it wasn't going to be to hard..... boy was I wrong.

Love the shape and natural finish of the briar. The stem color is kinda funky but seems to work.

Overall you did a great job for a first attempt. Now tell us how it smokes.

Cheers,

RR

Thanks Brewdude!!

so far it smokes really well despite the fact it is very uncomfortable to "clench" due to such an odd shaped button.

Nicely done on your first pipe, smg!

I like the natural finish, and the flow on the shank and how it mates with the stem.

It works -- thanks for posting!

Got yourself a winner there for sure, yup, nothing easy about pipe carving especially if you do not have all the fancy machines to take away all the hard work. You're doing just fine, the stem feels uncomfortable to clench as the stem is too thick near the bit, note I use thick and not wide, the thinner you can safely get the stem at the bit the more comfy they'll feel for clenching.

smg913":zih7n3co said:
Thanks Brewdude!!

so far it smokes really well despite the fact it is very uncomfortable to "clench" due to such an odd shaped button.
Nicely done! But be careful. Once you get the bug it's hard to get pipe making out of your system.

By the way, if you want to make it more comfortable to clench thin down the stem just before the button.

Todd

Thank you taharris and kirk for the tip!!

and everyone else for the kind words.