Ageism in Pipe Smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, Barclay Rex. I got my first pipe there maybe 7 or 8 years ago, maybe more recently... who remembers. I was in my late 20s at the time, actually.

A couple of points:

- Who cares what anyone thinks about your pipe smoking?

- Some of it is good-natured ribbing, I'm sure. If it's someone you know making a comment, go right ahead and drop a witty comeback. Make you remind them that they are old and probably going to die before you do.

- At least in the modern, smoking a pipe as a young man is part of what makes you, you. Enjoy your individualism.

-Andrew

TO...

I can feel ya bro....It sucks being a 30 something that looks like a 40-50 something... But on the obverse side.... It sure was fun putting the extra 10-20 years on. :D :D :D

I became old and wore out looking the honest way... I partied like a mofo from 14-15 up until a couple years ago...

I find my pipe smoking attracts the attention of older people in a good way. Most of them ask me what i'm smoking and then tell me what they are their father smoked.

I usually only get the "Why don't you put some weed in there man?" and i reply, i don't need to fall asleep right now i'm enjoying myself. :pipe:

SmokeyTweed":w78k74uy said:
I find my pipe smoking attracts the attention of older people in a good way. Most of them ask me what i'm smoking and then tell me what they are their father smoked.

I usually only get the "Why don't you put some weed in there man?" and i reply, i don't need to fall asleep right now i'm enjoying myself. :pipe:
Brilliant :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: