aggrivation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuervo25_1

Reaction score
As of late I have come to realize I dispise working on cars and dealing with irate customers (more often than not unfounded) So I have decided I would rather have a job on a farm, or even several. Sort of a freelance livestock caregiver I guess lol. My main job has been quite stressful lately as there are many new people that have no clue whatsoever, never even worked on cars, not to mention the manager is pushing us towards shady sells techniques (I am doing no such thing!) It is disappointing seeing people sell their souls to money and giving up moral standards.

Due to that I have been depressed as of late and putting in for any farm job I can find. Which was going nowhere and aggrivating me more. My saving grace came the other day in the form of a ten year old boy, and again last night from the current farm job.

Friday my son got out of school early and wanted to go fishing, which I am always up for! So we dig up some worms and head out to a dead end road that ends at the river. I backed the jeep up opened the tail gate and we sat and fished chit chatting about his day and so on. The fishing was slow and he got bored so we decided to pack up and head to the nearby woods just to see what we could see. we seen some giant white puffball mushrooms, and pleanty of squirrels, and a couple deer. When we came out we noticed there was som wood that was cut up from trees that fell during sandy and Irene so we grabbed a few pieces and brought it home. After dinner we lit a fire in the firepit and roasted marshmellows and chitchatted some more.

Yesterday after yet another aggrivating day at work I come home and get a phone call from my farm "boss" ( she acts more like a friend or family). She was at the fairgrounds and getting ready to leave after a chicken show she had several chickens in. She told me the two Dutch Bantams that I like won first and second of breed, and variety (color) and the one I named wone 1st in another catagory as well. She said that there was another surprise but that would have to wait until we put everything away and the chickens in their respective coops. I arrive at her Farm and she was still not there yet so I fed and watered the chickens in one of the coops then she showed up and we unloaded her car. She picked up a dozen extra chickens at the show for someone that wanted them, that gentleman showed up and we loaded up his truck then we put her chickens in their coops and fed and watered tham as we went.

Then the surprise came! She had 3 boxes and she told me to open the big one , in it was 8 black Dutch Bantams 2 of which are roosters! Then she made me close it up and open one of the smaller boxes which was 3 Lemon Blue Dutch bantams a Dutch Bantam egg (that surprised her too lol) one being a rooster. then I closed that box and opened the last which was 2 more Lemon Blue Dutch Bantams 1 being a Rooster. She then told me how she was talking to the gentleman that gave her the first 2 Black Dutches about me and how much I liked them, He then asked her if she wanted more. She told him yes because she knew I loved that particular breed, she can't afford to pay me what I am worth, and that I am highly interested in breeding them. So he gave her those 16 FOR FREE stating that it is good to see someone taking intrest in breeding Dutches, and anytime he can get someone new involved he is honored to give them away.

So after that we put the black ones in a small section of the newest coop that was built, and the lemon blues in a very large crate in the big part of the same coop until we can get another coop built,which I am working on a design.

I come to realize that it is the simple things in life that give me pleasure such as spending time with my son, nature, and animal care. This is the type of work that I want not taking care of a machine for people that are oblivious to proper car care and working with shady people. Pray for me so this will happen. I believe that this will open an entirely new world for my family and I, for the better.

Wonderful story, thanks for sharing. I hope this does open new possibilities for you. Keep fishing with your kiddo and chit-chatting. (((hugs)))

It sounds like you have your head on straight and know which path to take without hesitating. I don't think you have anything to worry about, just stay on that path and only good things can happen.

Be true to yourself. You are setting a fine example for your son. Time spent with him will pay rich dividends later in life, for both of you.

Cartaphilus":3z3fbwio said:
It sounds like you have your head on straight and know which path to take without hesitating. I don't think you have anything to worry about, just stay on that path and only good things can happen.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I think you'll find that you've discovered one of the things that leads to a happy meaningful life. Hang with it. :) 

AJ

Hang in there, I know how you feel. If it weren't for my chickens I don't know what I'd do. It's amazing how I can be so stressed, yet in seconds of looking out the kitchen window at them outside doing what they do, I'm smiling and at peace. I work in an industrial environment doing maintenance with electrical being my expertise. So I know how working on machines can get aggravating. And I would love to farm, have some cows, pigs and what ever else I got interested in. I would really like to have a buffalo ranch. But right now I'm just pleased at having my chickens. I feel for you brother. But you're on your way to happiness with these new chickens.

millerman":czk1l75l said:
you're on your way to happiness with these new chickens.
We keep them at her farm because of my wifes allergies, and she has coops for them. Tonight she taught me how to trim their beaks and nails. Prior to that they had cushy lives and didn't have the ability to scratch and peck at the ground to keep their nails and beaks ground down, but now they do.