Alice's Restaurant and Happy Thanksgiving!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInks

Reaction score
Well, folks, it's Thanksgiving and you know what that means. So, while you're stuffing yourselves with turkey, dressing, ham, pecan pie, and whatever else is on the table, don't forget that you or somebody you might know might have some garbage to dispose of. And if you do, here's your yearly warning not to dump it out with anything that has your name on it, or you just might find yourselves in the same situation Arlo was in all those years ago. Happy Thanksgiving to everybody, and if you're eating out today, remember you can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant ('ceptin' Alice).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B_tMzSxvoeA" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

I just watched this:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WefXe-io6aw" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>
Interesting story about how Alice Waters screwed over Jeremiah Tower.

It's tradition in my house to make my two daughters endure "Alice's Restaurant" while stuck in the car with me for holiday travel. I had my youngest, grand-daughter and son-in-law in my car on Friday, when we went to a Christmas tree farm. The SIL had never heard the song and was not impressed....first comment, "its long".

riff raff":x2ens249 said:
It's tradition in my house to make my two daughters endure "Alice's Restaurant" while stuck in the car with me for holiday travel.  I had my youngest, grand-daughter and son-in-law in my car on Friday, when we went to a Christmas tree farm.  The SIL had never heard the song and was not impressed....first comment, "its long".  

Yeah, well it’s more an iconic cultural landmark than a good “song”. Can’t expect kids of a different generation to synch with it.