All of my smokes, Up in smoke

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8razor

Reaction score
Been a while Gents. Had taken a trip to Montana to go hunting and decided since im going to be in a private cabin why not take my briars and baccy to smoke and get a good cleanin in on em while i was on my down time. Well after a 10hr hike into the back country of Browning i come up to what was left of my truck that I drove up. Apparently the 31 year old wiring in my truck didnt appreciate all the abuse I put on her gittin up there. So after a whole lot of cussin and hollerin i realized something. My pipes along with my spare pair of boots never got unloaded from the truck. Thats right a couple thousand dollars worth of wooden bliss and probably 400 dollars worth of tobacco were lost. So I sit here smoking a corncob full of velvet, about in tears...... Happy piping fellow pipers. Hopefully I can join the ranks again in the future.

Damn ! Somebody stole them out of your truck while you were away from it ?

Or it caught fire while you were gone ? What ?

:face:

That really sucks, hope your insurance will cover at least part of the cost to replace them.

Yak - Yes it all burnt with the truck.

Flytyr - Thats one of the joys of liability. COuldnt see paying full coverage on a 71 Chev Pickup. And they were listed on my Homeowners Ins as I am prety anal about itemizing all of my stuff on it but didnt happen in the home so the homeowners didnt cover it.

I feel your pain. At least your loss was an accident. I once became angry at pipes due to severe tongue-bite and tossed my entire collection into the garbage. It included some old Charatans, Stanwells, etc. When I came to my senses, I went out to retrieve them and found that the garbage truck had already arrived and departed that day. Not that it really mattered--I had snapped each and every stem.

Hope that makes you feel better lol.

All I can say is

:affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: :pale: :( :cry:

Losing a pipe is like losing a friend, and losing a gang is even harder. Sorry for the loss

There is a bright side to this--pipe shopping isn't the worst way to spend time or money, usually. :)

What a for-sh*t stroke of luck. :(

Ouch, that really hurts, sorry to hear of your loss. :affraid:

str8razor":tqpb6yex said:
Yak - Yes it all burnt with the truck.

Flytyr - Thats one of the joys of liability. COuldnt see paying full coverage on a 71 Chev Pickup. And they were listed on my Homeowners Ins as I am prety anal about itemizing all of my stuff on it but didnt happen in the home so the homeowners didnt cover it.
My homeowners policy covers my contents pretty much anywhere, subject to a couple limitations. Most of those limitations involve leaving them at something like a camp while I would not be using it. Such as leaving something at a Lake House and 3 months later the items are stolen. I would have been covered for this particular loss.

If you turned in a claim and they denied it the applicable policy language should have been quoted. If your policy didn't cover it I would shop for a different company.

Wow... Sincere condolences. Hope you can at least enjoy rebuilding your collection, or starting a new one as the case may be.

Burley - Remind me to hang out round your place come garbage days... And keep Walker Briarworks on speed dial. Kidding aside, I know that feeling. I have a '69 Lincoln Mark 3 that between house repairs, etc. I have had to stop myself from calling some scrapper to haul it away. Would be a shame to do to her with her <60k orig. miles, but sometimes a moment can overwhelm years.

To those that have sent care packages, although not the intent of this post, they are greatly appreciated. To see wat a true brotherhood we have here, to say the least, humbles me. True frjends I have found and a friend you have in me. It will be while to recovery and the graciousness of the community will make my load not such a heavy one to bare. Some items I will never be able to replace, as some pipes were my grandfathers and his fathers, but I know they would be proud to know that there is a community such as this. I offer all a handshake from this swamper here on the Okefenokee in Waycross, GA to all of you, wherever you may be.

Yet another reason to love this community!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Damn, that really sucks, I know exactly how that feels and then some my friend, I lost everything I owned when my neighbours garden shed caught of fire on bonfire night in 1993, the damn thing caught the garden fence which caught our house, our house when up like a tinderbox, my late Bro' and I came home from the pub to find the fire brigade tearing the remainder of our home to the ground to avoid catching the neighbours house the other side, being young and stupid we had no insurance, that really hurt.

Really feel for you Buddy, so sorry for your loss in both pipes and tobacco and of course your truck.