All you brothers in in the big NE storm please check in here

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KevinM":6k45blke said:
P.S. When I went to bed I had maybe a foot out there (Central CT) . Approx two more feet of the cold white stuff arrived while I slept. There is now so much snow hereabouts that the snowplows can't get through to the neighborhoods. The back edge of the storm is now at I91, so it won't be long before the gov gives the plow guys the green light. Where they'll put this stuff, I dunno. I'm thankful the power is on and I made that last trip to the super market.

Oops, the gov just came on and extended the travel ban until tomorrow. (Today's Saturday).

A nice young man just arrived with an offer to shovel out the steps, front walk, cars and rear deck for $60. Sold!

Today will be spent putting bulk tobacco in Mason jars, I'm thinking.
Ya know, I just have to comment on this.

I find it commendable that this young 'un took the initiative to put himself out there with what must certainly be back breaking effort to help others, while earning a profit for himself. From my view, many of the younger generation would rather tune out to their latest hand held gadget than put forth some physical effort in a situation like this.

Kudos to that young man. No matter what he charged it was well worth it. He took the initiative, expended his time and energy. We need more like him.

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR

Kids haven't changed, parenting and teaching has. Once in a while, a few of 'em get it right.

8)

Kyle Weiss":vtw8wu0b said:
Kids haven't changed, parenting and teaching has. Once in a while, a few of 'em get it right.

8)
Damn straight....

thumbs.gif

Cheers,

RR

Kudos to that young man. No matter what he charged it was well worth it. He took the initiative, expended his time and energy. We need more like him.

Absolutely. He's learning how to cold call, name a price, negotiate additional work, and he picked up another job from a neighbor while leaving our place. Maybe he needs more practice on estimates ;) We have his phone number for future reference. In addition to cash, we gave him a meatloaf sammich, chocolate, granola bars and Gatorade.

The dude's gonna monopolize the neighborhood, watch out. :lol!: Good on him.

LIPIPE":xwz654md said:
Thanks Harry: You guys in greater Pittsburgh.....Aristocles, and Tim Haggerty must have lucked out. One of these days we men need to get together and smoke up a room. :lol:
Indeed, on both counts!

KevinM":24u4fi3y said:

Absolutely. He's learning how to cold call, name a price, negotiate additional work, and he picked up another job from a neighbor while leaving our place. Maybe he needs more practice on estimates ;) We have his phone number for future reference. In addition to cash, we gave him a meatloaf sammich, chocolate, granola bars and Gatorade.

Kudos to you as well Kevin. I'd have done likewise.

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

Aristokles":gsvc6fhy said:
LIPIPE":gsvc6fhy said:
Thanks Harry: You guys in greater Pittsburgh.....Aristocles, and Tim Haggerty must have lucked out. One of these days we men need to get together and smoke up a room. :lol:
Indeed, on both counts!
I second this motion!

Guess it's my turn to make reservations for a Pittsburgh "fly in". I am the out-of-towner in our group

Won't be long before the faithful gather at St. Vincent's for training camp :D

Some people still have no power, but, at least they can keep their beer ice cold outside and enjoy the brew with a smoke in front of a roaring fireplace until the lights come back on. Gotta look at the bright side. Thanks Brewdude

PS: Have power here. Watching the Grammy Awards

LIPIPE":j2ucox75 said:
Guess it's my turn to make reservations for a Pittsburgh "fly in". I am the out-of-towner in our group
Anytime, my friend, anytime.

Very astute of you to realize the chances of us going further north... :)

Hey Ari: What are you smokin tonight bud? Setauket Long Island, my town that got the biggest dump from our mother nature, is due East of the burgh. My country place in the north country did not suffer in this event. Goes to show ya! Up North snow is just another great ski day. Here the Long Island Expressway and the Long Island Railroad go out of business and they are still down for the count. Our Pittsburgh buddy Tim Haggerty can fill you in on these parts because he is a Setauket Long Island native.

LIPIPE":hd4os8sc said:
Hey Ari: What are you smokin tonight bud? Setauket Long Island, my town that got the biggest dump from our mother nature, is due East of the burgh. My country place in the north country did not suffer in this event. Goes to show ya! Up North snow is just another great ski day. Here the Long Island Expressway and the Long Island Railroad go out of business and they are still down for the count. Our Pittsburgh buddy Tim Haggerty can fill you in on these parts because he is a Setauket Long Island native.
Sorry I missed this last night.
My water sports are all in LIQUID form - sailing, scotching (except for ice cubes), fishing, etc.

Sunday opened with Engine 99 from my again dwindling supply (still awaiting special orders at B&M), then three bowls of Squadron Leader (trying not to open a tin of London Mixture - I hate having too many open at one time), and late night a quick smoke of Sail Natural -unique, to say the least.

More snow coming to these environs later this week, and so I won't gloat.

Water sports are great. Sail Natural hugh.....back to our grandpa's pipes. I haven't smoked Sail since 1968 maybe. Tough to be low on the Engine. It's my daily wake-up delight. And of course sometimes mid day go to as well. I'm about to place my order for some also. Have not forgotten your suggestion about the pressed 99. Enjoy today brother! Checked my flights to your neck of the woods. Southwest goes via Baltimore so maybe a Spring jaunt will be in the works. Stay happy!

Aristokles":bmdtu5yb said:
LIPIPE":bmdtu5yb said:
Sorry I missed this last night.
My water sports are all in LIQUID form - sailing, scotching (except for ice cubes), fishing, etc.

Sunday opened with Engine 99 from my again dwindling supply (still awaiting special orders at B&M), then three bowls of Squadron Leader (trying not to open a tin of London Mixture - I hate having too many open at one time), and late night a quick smoke of Sail Natural -unique, to say the least.

More snow coming to these environs later this week, and so I won't gloat.
Are we awaiting for our engine99 shipment from the same B&M Aris?