An actual tobacconist

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huffelpuff

Reaction score
Imagine my surprise to find a small tobacco shop here in the sticks! Run by a nice older lady who blends all the tobaccos herself. There's a small walk in humidor, and a small selection of pipes. Some pretty nice free hands carved by her husband. A few meers, cobs, and basket pipes. No tins but she's willing to order something in if you want it. All in all I'm a happy camper and only 9 blocks walk from the house.

Jim

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/If3SXJeZzMQ" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

huffelpuff":60tkzexh said:
Imagine my surprise to find a small tobacco shop here in the sticks! Run by a nice older lady who blends all the tobaccos herself. There's a small walk in humidor, and a small selection of pipes. Some pretty nice free hands carved by her husband. A few meers, cobs, and basket pipes. No tins but she's willing to order something in if you want it. All in all I'm a happy camper and only 9 blocks walk from the house.

Jim
I'm starting to dislike you already Jim.

lucky you. I would love to have a tobacconist close by. Makes for a nice evening stroll.

Richard your not kidding I had to ask if she was for real which got a chuckle.

Sorry Ron, but I had to tell someone.

D4 If they had a smoking lounge in there I'd be set for life. But alas I'm still stuck hoofing it around town while I puff.

huffelpuff":e3ihpufe said:
If they had a smoking lounge in there I'd be set for life. But alas I'm still stuck hoofing it around town while I puff.
Well, Thank god for that! I shouldn't be the only SOB that should suffer without a B&M near by.

How rare...lucky you.  

Make use of the lady and have her make you something special.

I live in the Denver area, would you mind divulging the shop and it's location?  I'd like to stop by and check it out.  Thanks!

CACooper

It's Junction Tobacco @ 312 Grand Ave in Laramie. Like I said its a small shop with maybe a dozen house blends. She's quite accommodating though had no problem selling me the straight burley she bends with.

Jim

huffelpuff":e9wh1ttd said:
It's Junction Tobacco @ 312 Grand Ave in Laramie. Like I said its a small shop with maybe a dozen house blends. She's quite accommodating though had no problem selling me the straight burley she bends with.

Jim
Jim, Jim, Jim, You've got a rare B&M tobacconist that does blending and you get Straight Burley from her? That's like having indoor plumbing and going outside to draw water (amoung other things)!

Are your sure you don't pass through a time warp someplace between home and this shop?

What can I say Ron. I been needing to pick up some burley to tame the few hell fire and brimstone blends I've been smoking for the last month. Most of my cellar is still in Denver waiting to come up. I did pick up a couple of decent cigars and a small pack of one of her house blends Gold Run. I have to say its quite nice. I was expecting it to burn as hot as the WO Larson stuff I've been smoking. But so far it been cool, dry and quite tasty!

Kevin I gotta say it's a whole other world up here. People here are friendly and life is so much more laid back. It's like going back in time alright!

huffelpuff":j753hbit said:
What can I say Ron. I been needing to pick up some burley to tame the few hell fire and brimstone blends I've been smoking for the last month. Most of my cellar is still in Denver waiting to come up. I did pick up a couple of decent cigars and a small pack of one of her house blends Gold Run. I have to say its quite nice. I was expecting it to burn as hot as the WO Larson stuff I've been smoking. But so far it been cool, dry and quite tasty!
Okay! In that case I forgive ya.