An Old Friend Returns (sort of)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2031

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I had a pipe that was pretty special to me. It was a 1982 Comoy's Christmas Pipe that I bought the year my wife and I got married. A few years ago while going through a particularly hard time, I sold it. I instantly regretted selling that pipe because of the memories attached, but sometimes you do what you have to do.

Anyway, I have always been on the lookout for a replacement but whenever I found one it just didn't look quite like I wanted it to with the grain, etc. Well today, I finally found one on Ebay with beautiful grain and to make the matter even better, it is BRAND SPANKING NEW! I am so excited! I won it tonight and will have it with me soon. I REALLY was not in the market for another pipe yet, but doggone, how often does something like this happen?

I'll be having a very Merry Christmas this year with my old pipe friend. :santa: :D

PICTURES will follow when I receive it.

Simple Man
Thanks for sharing the story. Glad you found the pipe you were looking for and new at that. Enjoy for many years!!!  :cheers:  :cheers:  :king:

HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON WITH THE COMOY's You've wanted!!!

Serendipity! (And persistence, patience and other good things.)

Thank you, sirs! I seriously haven't been so excited for a new pipe in quite awhile. My first smoke from the original was Christmas Eve 1982. So that is when I intend on breaking having my first smoke of the new pipe... start a whole new set of memories with it. Maybe I'll be on the lookout for some good aged Christmas Cheer for that smoke.

Simple Man":uss6682t said:
Maybe I'll be on the lookout for some good aged Christmas Cheer for that smoke.
Look under Trading Post and you'll see DoverPipes selling old dated tins for a friend of his. If you see a blend you like make a reasonable offer and he will ask his friend. Nice of Sean to help a friend!! I purchased from Sean and I highly recommend him!! Superb communication and an overall pleasure to do business with :bounce: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Jack, that's superb news. I can't imagine the feelings that pipe is going to evoke. Roll on Christmas Eve! Yup, pics please (or it didn't happen ;) )

Simple Man":605sif5x said:
I had a pipe that was pretty special to me. It was a 1982 Comoy's Christmas Pipe that I bought the year my wife and I got married. A few years ago while going through a particularly hard time, I sold it. I instantly regretted selling that pipe because of the memories attached, but sometimes you do what you have to do.

Anyway, I have always been on the lookout for a replacement but whenever I found one it just didn't look quite like I wanted it to with the grain, etc. Well today, I finally found one on Ebay with beautiful grain and to make the matter even better, it is BRAND SPANKING NEW! I am so excited! I won it tonight and will have it with me soon. I REALLY was not in the market for another pipe yet, but doggone, how often does something like this happen?

I'll be having a very Merry Christmas this year with my old pipe friend. :santa: :D

PICTURES will follow when I receive it.

:cheers: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :cheers:

Lonecoyote":yv2brejh said:
Simple Man":yv2brejh said:
Maybe I'll be on the lookout for some good aged Christmas Cheer for that smoke.
Look under Trading Post and you'll see DoverPipes selling old dated tins for a friend of his. If you see a blend you like make a reasonable offer and he will ask his friend. Nice of Sean to help a friend!! I purchased from Sean and I highly recommend him!! Superb communication and an overall pleasure to do business with :bounce: :cheers:
KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Simple Man / Jack: My friend does have close to 80 tins of Christmas Cheer on hand. Years vary, some are newer tins but all have some age on them. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have a particular year in mind. I'm sure he has everything except for "year one", those are already gone. :santa: