And a new P&T web comic was born...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreverT

Reaction score
I had a little time to kill recently and was looking around my study and had the logical thought, "I should combine my Godzilla collection with my pipes and make a comic strip about it that highlights some of the more ridiculous absurdities that I've encountered in the biz lo these past 16 years."  And voila, a web comic was born...   :D 

IzUeQNN.jpg

And the first one was so much fun to make that it wasn't long before there was a second strip...   :joker: 

lhJIdGm.jpg

Ha, those are AWESOME, many thanks for sharing those with us here, they're really well too, love the 'feel' you put forward with the models body language, great fun.  :cheers: :sunny: 

Briar Spirit":uy3tmn16 said:
Ha, those are AWESOME, many thanks for sharing those with us here, they're really well too, love the 'feel' you put forward with the models body language, great fun.  :cheers: :sunny: 
Thanks, glad you enjoyed! The next one is going to be a little Valentine for everyone who's ever been a forum moderator anywhere.

I was pleasantly surprised by how expressive the critters could be - They're amazingly posable. And it saves me all the hassle of drawing, which was what ultimately ended my Kentucky Fried Popcorn web comic a year or so back.

:lol!:   :lol!:   :lol!:   :lol!:  OK that's some funny #$%^ right there. Like you said the Godzilla figures are actually expressive. Keep em coming!

ROFL! That is golden comedy! Please do more.. I can't wait.

Glad you enjoyed! BTW, as the title indicated, I suppose I should probably name this toon if I keep it going, so feel free to offer suggestions if anyone has a good strip title.

TreverT":liougezx said:
Glad you enjoyed!  BTW, as the title indicated, I suppose I should probably name this toon if I keep it going, so feel free to offer suggestions if anyone has a good strip title.
Pipezilla?

Thread necromancy!

OK, this one is dedicated to everyone who's ever been a moderator on any internet forum, ever...

6Ygt9Ed.jpg

I had so much fun doing that that I made an immediate follow-up:

aUbG5rY.jpg

FWIW, I've now assembled these together on http://lizardsandpipes.webcomic.ws/, in bigger versions with archives and easy browsing and all. I think I'm going to keep on doing them for a while at least. They're loads of fun to make, and don't take much time, unlike my old hand-drawn web comic.

Those are so much fun to read. Great comedy. Please keep em coming. I am bookmarking your site.

I missed this thread the first time through. I didn't expect a mashup of films I watched and enjoyed as a kid playing so well with a hobby I enjoy as an adult. These are great fun. Kudos!

gravel":94bqor2s said:
I missed this thread the first time through. I didn't expect a mashup of films I watched and enjoyed as a kid playing so well with a hobby I enjoy as an adult. These are great fun. Kudos!

Thanks! Yes, it is a pretty insane combination. That's why I finally settled on a title that was equally insane.

The really funny thing about this to me is that it's already been a hit on that Comic Fury webcomic site, garnering 5 star reviews and subscribers from the younger crowd there who know nothing at all about pipes, but now find them interesting. I hadn't even planned it, but this could turn out to be a weirdly useful way of sharing the pipe & tobacco hobby with folks who would normally be oblivious to it.

Hilarious and very creative, I'm still chuckling.

Thank you TreverT!

The latest from the lizards. You can see the fullsize version on the dedicated comic sitehere, but here is the forum-size version:

ygkO0oC.jpg

It's taken me a while to get back round to this, but I just posted a new strip. Enter... the Sophisticate!

9q5ye82.jpg