AND Meers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokin' Blues

Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing a Meer from AND. I have noticed that the prices are quite a bit less than other manufacturers. Does anyone have any experience with AND pipes? They look really nice, but looks aren't everything.

Any help or advice is appreciated. :D

In my experience, the best quality for the dollar seems to be IMP Meerschaum pipes. They're available at several online retailers. They're made from high quality block meerschaum and are engineered quite well. Those being the most important qualities because no matter how pretty a pipe is, it's worthless if it smokes like shit.

Thanks for all of the advice. I've been wanting a Meer for a while now, but my budget is lacking at the present time.

i got an IMP meer for christmas and love it. it has become my evening sitting on the couch pipe.

I have one of their little churchwardens. Maybe 8" overall. You can just get your pinky into the bowl. It's small. Smokes HOTW fantastic in it. I don't care for those hard acrylic bits often found on meers, and mine has one hard as granite.

I have one of these pipes, ( AND MEERS ), and it smokes just fine. It's on the smaller side, and not of the highest quality, but if you're simply looking to try a meer, I don't think you could go wrong with AND MEERS. Good service too. :D

I've got two IMP meers, one large and one medium, and they're both great. I bought mine from www.smokingpipes.com. Both pass a pipe cleaner easily and are fine smokers.

One thing to keep in mind is that sizes run large. What's listed as a medium will have a chamber about the same size as a large briar. What's listed as large will have a bowl you might want to pack before watching a movie.

I don't regret the investment. Whatever you decide, good luck.