And now for something a little different

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
Another amazingly interesting pipe from Chicago carver Alex Florov. Kind of reminds me of an interpretation of Bo Nordh's Ramses. No its not mine but I sure wish it was.

af001L.jpg

Way too busy for my tastes,,,but I can appreciate the labor and artistic talent that went into it,,,

mark":q60ltvt5 said:
Way too busy for my tastes,,,but I can appreciate the labor and artistic talent that went into it,,,
Mark, I hear you, but can you imagine smoking that pipe around the campfire under a star filled sky with the rest of the warlords? I don't believe my Dunhill Bulldog would command the same presence. Perhaps if MacArthur smoked a pipe like this instead of a corncob the war may have ended sooner....

mark wrote:

"Way too busy for my tastes,,,but I can appreciate the labor and artistic talent that went into it,,,"

My take, too, but I can take a half-hour looking at the pics!

Not my cup of tea but it is very impressive. The detail is amazing!

I love a simple pipe, and agree there's a lot to this one, but that Alex Florov does some amazing things with chunks of briar. Amazing, indeed.

I really like the shape, I like all interesting shapes actually but it does remind me of the Bo Nordh pipe. The Bo Nordh pipe of course is quite beyond a normal price range, this seems like a good alternative.

This really is a piece of art. I appreciate the superb craftmanship. But my tastes are far more catholic. Good, to me, is a GBD straight billiard. A bit sad I guess.

Muddler":g124xut2 said:
This really is a piece of art. I appreciate the superb craftmanship. But my tastes are far more catholic. Good, to me, is a GBD straight billiard. A bit sad I guess.
Gotta agree with you Muddler. I'm afraid my taste runs to the more pedestrian too.