and rope tobaccos

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there! Yep. This is a typical Brazilian knife to "chop tobacco" as we say. Rope tobaccos are widely available here and you can find almost anywhere in the countryside. I think nowadays they are consumed more than normal industrial cigarettes. There are several varieties, ranging from very dark and wet to golden dry. Minas Gerais state ( the hills where I live) produces some of the best known tobaccos, Piaui state make the best known- Arapiraca. The states in the south, namely Parana, Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul have sizeable plantations and the natives there, mainly German and Italian descendants, are the ones who still smoke pipes  'Unfortunately those tobaccos are usually over fermented and to smoke them in a pipe may cause you to grow hair not only in your chest but also in your eyeballs or other unmentionables

There's just one chap in the deep south of Brazil that make rope tobacco for pipe smoking. Beautiful weed. Sweet and bright, better than Irish rope tobacco.
And those are the ropes, freshly made around January this year. I must say those are might anacondas!

Oooooooo. Now you’re speaking our language! That’s gorgeous stuff.

Is there any known way to purchase the good blends from the USA? I bet a number of characters here would LOVE to sample or make a regular purchase.

What does it cost? How is it supplied...like in what amount and packaging?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Blackhorse":sbcnx0q6 said:
Oooooooo.  Now you’re speaking our language! That’s gorgeous stuff.

Is there any known way to purchase the good blends from the USA?  I bet a number of characters here would LOVE to sample or make a regular purchase.

What does it cost?  How is it supplied...like in what amount and packaging?

Inquiring minds want to know.
To the search engines! :lol!:

Yeah Doc...I did the google thing and found little to nothing.

“There's just one chap in the deep south of Brazil that make rope tobacco for pipe smoking. Beautiful weed. Sweet and bright, better than Irish rope tobacco.”. - now THAT’S the stuff I’m looking for!!!

Ok. if you don't speak Portuguese, probably you'll not find the slightest info.
I can search more for you guys and will come up with more later.
For now:
I bought some pieces from a small tobacconist located São Paulo, but his prices are salty.
The best way, is to contact the producer himself. Carlos Dalberto

He just posted the updated price list in his Facebook page:

1 KG rope: 60 reais + shipping

1/2 rope piece: 48 reais + shipping

90 G  rope Piece  : 20 reais + shipping

50 g jar ready rubbed: 50 reais + shipping ( it's more like a shag, not my favourite)

25 g bag of  ready rubbed: 25 reais + shipping

And
1 Cake 50 g of Jaguari tobacco (Virginia)+ Burley + Izmir: 40 reais + shipping ( Holly mackerel! This one is new even for me!!!)

As per today one Brazilian real is 0.26 US$
So...60 R$ piece of rope is more or less US$ 15,50.., for 1kg!!!!
The bummer might be the shipping...

Here in Brazil accept bank transfer and pagseguro.
Contact by page or whats 51 984727978
Gustavo Dalberto
facebook.com/tabacosdalberto/

I only don't know if he can send it abroad...

Blackhorse":i64b63f3 said:
Brewdude":i64b63f3 said:
Maybe we can get a group buy going. I'd be in.

Cheers,

RR

I sent him the big question just now and he has already responded:

“Unfortunately I do not ship out of the country!”

How disturbing.
:(

Do you have anyone that you may know who comes to Brazil in the near future or does business here on a regular basis? This person can have the tobacco delivered to his/her address in Brazil, and afterwards take it to you guys in USA. Cheaper and safer. I can also buy for you and handle to a trusted messenger of yours here...Since I'm not making any money out of it, you just pay the produce price plus the delivery to my home. Anyone coming to Minas Gerais or São Paulo?