And the verdict is in

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIPIPE

Reaction score
Today has been inauguration day for my new Eric Nording Freehand. I've enjoyed a bowl of Penzance, a bowl of Beck's OLB, a bowl of McClelland aromatic mixture of coffee and cocoa's (my own toss mix) and now a bowl of Sterling's Va/Per. Of course a bowl of this pipe is easily two of any other so I've had a good smoke day today. My report on this pipe is :cheers: :bounce: :sunny: :cheers:

So if you are a man to be reckoned with, you need to put a Nording on your big jobs because it can handle the action. It works especially well with my buddy Johnnie Walker along for the ride.

LIPIPE":b19b98jo said:
Today has been inauguration day for my new Eric Nording Freehand. I've enjoyed a bowl of Penzance, a bowl of Beck's OLB, a bowl of McClelland aromatic mixture of coffee and cocoa's (my own toss mix) and now a bowl of Sterling's Va/Per. Of course a bowl of this pipe is easily two of any other so I've had a good smoke day today. My report on this pipe is :cheers: :bounce: :sunny: :cheers:

So if you are a man to be reckoned with, you need to put a Nording on your big jobs because it can handle the action. It works especially well with my buddy Johnnie Walker along for the ride.
WOW ! What time did you start smoking today ? That's 4 bowls of 4 different 'bacs, back to back in ONE pipe and a NEW one at that !! Guess you can dispense with the others you have and just smoke that one :p

Glad to hear your new Nording is everything and more! I don't have any myself, but had the pleasure of helping a colleague of mine refurbish his. Well made pipes.

Johnnie Black and I go waay, way back. Was one of my faves with a pipe. A very woody blended whiskey. :drunken:

The Penzance was smoked last night. I began this morning with Beck's OLB. It's three bowls so far today.....3 rather large bowls. I figure by this evening this pipe is shall we say "well broken in". It really is an outstanding pipe and reasonably priced. It's my first and only freehand and it's really wonderful.

Eric: I've got about one more drink left in a bottle of Johnnie Red. Next bottle is a Johnnie Blue and I'm really looking forward to some good drinking and good smoking pleasure.

I love my Nording. Not sure it's quite as big as what Marty's describing, but I get at least an hour and a half out of it on an average day. Loaded it with some Blackpoint earlier and took me through the whole England/France game.

LIPIPE":zjke4i5h said:
Eric: I've got about one more drink left in a bottle of Johnnie Red. Next bottle is a Johnnie Blue and I'm really looking forward to some good drinking and good smoking pleasure.
Oh my!! Enjoy that my man! :cheers: :cheers:

The Johnnie Green is very good stuff too. Very buttery. I always thought it would go well with Peterson's Old Dublin, which is a very buttery Lat blend IMHO.

Yeah, Marty, thats a dandy.

I guess theres the answer for those wondering how often to rest a pipe, or how to break one in.
Holy Crap! Thats alot of smokin ! :shock:

Thanks guys. I guess my new pipe is like a new convertible, a new Harley or a new mount. A man's gotta do some hard driving the first day to determine the level of performance that can be expected on a regular basis. My pipe performed today and now, we are both resting.

I like my Nording freehand alot. Glad to hear you are enjoying yours.
Very nice looking pipe. Enjoy!

Nice Nording, Marty! Sounds like its going to be a workhorse! Four bowls right off the bat?! That's a Man's pipe right there! Enjoy, brother! Enjoy that Johnny Blue as well!

Nordings are cool pipes. It's said that no two are alike. I've got three and like all of them. I've got one I call my round trip pipe. I can load it at home, drive almost 180 miles and be finishing it just as I pull back into my driveway. That pipe of yours is a beauty Marty.

Everyone should have at least one Nording. They run the gamut of price ranges, and I like all of mine. 8)

Swell choice, Marty! :cheers:

Very nice, Marty. I've got a much-loved Nording that seems bigger on the inside than the outside, and it's plenty big on the outside! Enjoy it.

Nording Freehand and Johnny Walker sounds like total enjoyment. You had a day of R&R for sure. Way to go Marty.
:cheers: