Annoying comments directed at pipe smokers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Handsome Dynamite":cnav3mn3 said:
Yeah, I've had people ask me for a take off my pipe. I'm like. Uuuuhhhhh. No.....
The next time that happens, tell them that you will be more than happy to oblige them as soon as they allow you to have a take off their wife!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On second thought... don't do that! These days, some of those nuts just mike take you up on the "trade!!!" :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

Robert

beebiz":c3gopvgf said:
Handsome Dynamite":c3gopvgf said:
Yeah, I've had people ask me for a take off my pipe. I'm like. Uuuuhhhhh. No.....
The next time that happens, tell them that you will be more than happy to oblige them as soon as they allow you to have a take off their wife!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

On second thought... don't do that! These days, some of those nuts just mike take you up on the "trade!!!" :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

Robert
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Greenleaf":yvpqoh4f said:
Hey, I used to share my briar with dancers at the strip club. Happy smoking for me, too.
Not Bill Clinton style, I hope... that'll oxidize a stem.

Aaaaahhhh.... the sweet taste of "Monkey Pie"... on a pipe stem!!!!! :affraid: :affraid: :affraid:

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Robert

Doc Manhattan":evfy4asr said:
Greenleaf":evfy4asr said:
Hey, I used to share my briar with dancers at the strip club. Happy smoking for me, too.
Not Bill Clinton style, I hope... that'll oxidize a stem.
Ha ha, once after sharing aromatic burley and wine with a hot blonde, I got some free lap dances that usually go for a bit extra, her phone number, and her husband answering the phone!

thought id revive this post.

i smoked my graybow at work a while back before things got really busy. anywho, most responses were positive. memories of grandfathers etc.

one lady commented "dont you have to be a grandpa to smoke a pipe?"

i replied, "Thats okay i am a grandpa, so i can get by with it!"

most know that i have 4 from my wifes side of the clan.

i have all the benefits of both worlds. some youth and the great things that come from being "Gampa" (Gampa's deep freezer is always sure to be stocked with cookies 'n cream ice cream).

camo

Just today I was walking through the parking lot at Wally world and this young couple passed by and I overheard the girl say " Why can't you smoke someting manly like a pipe instead of those stinking damned cigarettes". That was pretty cool.

New Smoker":6hdvygj2 said:
Just today I was walking through the parking lot at Wally world and this young couple passed by and I overheard the girl say " Why can't you smoke someting manly like a pipe instead of those stinking damned cigarettes". That was pretty cool.
She didn't mention that Manly Roadmaster Beast of yours?

9-walmart-camping.jpg

Was in Gatlinburg last week, walking along the street puffing on a fresh fill from the Gatlinburlier, when I heard a guy behind me say, "Man I love the smell of pipe tobacco." Seems an uncle he was very fond of smoked a pipe. We had a pleasant conversation. Don't think I've ever had a negative comment when smoking my pipe.

Centurian 803":vvpyqzhz said:
Was in Gatlinburg last week, walking along the street puffing on a fresh fill from the Gatlinburlier, when I heard a guy behind me say, "Man I love the smell of pipe tobacco." Seems an uncle he was very fond of smoked a pipe. We had a pleasant conversation. Don't think I've ever had a negative comment when smoking my pipe.
I saw quite a few men smoking pipes on the street while I was there, it was pretty cool.

Pipes may be famous for their pleasant to inoffensive aroma, but many bars and restaurants don't allow them or cigars. Just cigarettes. What's even more messed up is that cigs are so damn expensive that floor sweeping cheapies are getting popular. Plus which they're all fire safe and hence have no flavor nor do they hit hard enough so you almost might as well smoke the sorry ones. What smells more disgusting than a cheap cigarette?

The other week I was at a bar and grill place with an old friend and no pipes were allowed. I could never pass up an opportunity to smoke, especially at a restaurant these days, so I got a pack of Marlboro Reds from the vending machine and sucked 'em all down before I left the place. At least I was dining in a cloud of smoke, that's the way it should be.

Around here you rarely see a pipe smoker.

What gets me is people who wink and nudge, "is that whacky tobaccy you're smoking", ha, ha, ha!

Once I saw a guy walking out of a store here in Brooklyn with a rather nice looking small bent volcano in his teeth, and I gave him a smile and a nod. He completely misinterpreted me, and said, "It's not the green."

Here in Austin I almost every time I bring my pipe with me, I get asked for a hit (people around here seem to think all pipes are used exclusively for weed)... I would never sour my briars with filthy cannabis buds... That's what my bong is for!

That being said I think I have only seen a small handful of pipers under 30 in my entire life. It's such a forgotten pleasure, but many now a days are in too much of a hurray to relax and enjoy the great flavors a pipe can provide.

I do not smoke anywhere that I think my sidestream would be unbearable to others.

being a college student, i used to get looks and comments all the time when i stayed in the dorms, i have heard my fair share of sherlock holmes and grandpa comments. my RHC smoked a pipe. and only my close friends, girlfriend and my roommate know i smoke pipes. my girlfriends hates it because she lumps pipes and cigars with cigarettes. i rarely if ever smoke in public. i did hear a few "that smells so good" comments though.

I only smoke at home or at my B&M. Either way, I am unlikely to get annoying comments because of my smoking.

I was a non-smoker until recently and I had no idea how nasty the "anti-smoking police" was. Now that I am in their line of sight, I think they need to @#$^# grow up and mind their own business. When my mother-in-law learned that I was smoking pipes, she told my wife of her disapproval and said that I had to stop smoking at once. The next day, my inbox was full of Oprah Magazine-quality articles regarding the dangers of pipe smoking (as if I didn't know). I told her to F* off. I don't go around b!tching about her soy-based diet even if I think it is a crime against humanity.

PipePuffer":tosrgxss said:
I told her to F* off. I don't go around b!tching about her soy-based diet even if I think it is a crime against humanity.

You may be right or you may be wrong, but you're definitely on your way to being single again! :lol!:

shootist51":ojen30ae said:
PipePuffer":ojen30ae said:
I told her to F* off. I don't go around b!tching about her soy-based diet even if I think it is a crime against humanity.

You may be right or you may be wrong, but you're definitely on your way to being single again! :lol!:
Not to worry, my wife agrees with me 100%. :p