Another Alabama Member

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAEarl

Reaction score
Hello!

Another new member from Alabama :) I live in SE Alabama and reentering the world of pipes. I smoked a pipe briefly in 1995-96 then it fell by the way-side. I began smoking cigars recently within the past 2 years and while I have a great fondness for them I have been becoming more and more curious about the pipe again. My wife, who cannot stand the cigar smell, doesn't hate the smell of the pipe so that is a plus :)

While my origional estate briar I purchased long ago has gone missing :cry: I bought a few Cobs and a small selection of tabacco from my B&M to try out. I selected them by their nose. Here is what I have on hand:
Lane 1-Q
Peter Stokkebye 701 Virginia
Aromatic English
Tropic Blend

After reading a bit and finding the C&D website I am going to try to pick up some tins of the Good Morning Blend, Opening Night, and Exhausted Rooster. I think I will stick to the Cob for now until I can find a decent affordable briar. My how the prices of thses have either gone up or I just never realized how pricey these are lol.

I will keep reading and learning! Any sugggestions are welcome!
Regards.

Welcome to BoB. Compared to cigars, pipe smoking is a bargain.

Earl, welcome to BoB! Hot & muggy down in the wiregrass, ain't it?

Thanks for the big welcome. :)

Hot it is :shock: I'm a VA transplant so I'd rather have the cooler, somewhat drier air. But home is where the heart is. :D