another hoosier

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruins

Reaction score
hello all. i've been pipe smoking a year (a newbie). i smoke a pretty little La Silvana Pipe but i'm in the market for an obnoxious big calabash (yeah, i'll admit i fell hard for it from the opening scene of inglourious bastards).

still looking for the perfect tabacco. i smoke a lot of frog morton, gl pease westminster, gl pease union square. probably what i smoke the most of though is tinderbox reserve 1928 which makes me think i might like aromatics, but i've not really ventured into them (i did just order 3 milan samples--two rum types and my buddy). i like the gentle sweetness that union square and westminster leaves in my mouth all day. if anyone wants to recommend tobaccos that walk the fine line of sweet/nutty without being over the top carmel corn, i'm all ears.

Welcome to BoB, Bruins, I myself if new to the Forum, I am so new I don't know what tobacco I have smoked, I am currently smoking something titled Honey and Chocolate but I do not recall the maker, and of course the Captain Black Gold that I ran out and got locally when I decided to start smoking a pipe again. I am going to Smokingpipes.com in Little River today, if anyone can recommend a good Tobacco that they sell. I like a aromatic type smoke.

Jim, grandfather lives in Hiawasee and was born and raised in Shooting Creek. My m and dad just moved from Warner, NC. Love that area.

good old greencastle indiana, home of depauw university and soon, a BW3's! (that's a big deal if you're famliar with the town.)

bruins":bb9lr374 said:
good old greencastle indiana, home of depauw university and soon, a BW3's! (that's a big deal if you're famliar with the town.)
Used to know it well! My sister graduated from Depauw.

Welcome to BOB:

Have you tried any McBaren Tobaccos ? Some say they have a reputation of being flame throwers. That's not been the case with me. Smoking slowly, Macbaren Mixture has been a regular for me for years. Check out tobaccoreviews.com. Pleasant piping!

rikowrites":vue1vq1q said:
Welcome to BOB:

Have you tried any McBaren Tobaccos ? Some say they have a reputation of being flame throwers. That's not been the case with me. Smoking slowly, Macbaren Mixture has been a regular for me for years. Check out tobaccoreviews.com. Pleasant piping!
thanks for the recommendation. just had milan sunset rum. was quite pleasant up until the end when i sucked up some dottle. wow. nasty. will have to learn to navigate around moisture. maybe i should dry it out a little.

Welcome aboard, Bruins! Maybe check out Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Twist Flake, a quality virginia with a light honey - like topping. Very satisfying, without being over the top in sweetness. Plus, it is available in bulk ... Happy piping!