Another Marylander

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OvRnOut

Reaction score
Good evening BoB,

Another Jason from Maryland here. Long time lurker short time smoker. It has been a blast researching and experimenting with different pipes and tobacco's and I'm not even close to being done. I don't think I ever will...I do have a problem I admit it.

Prior USAF Security Forces (LE side) now full time student studying Information Systems. Married no kids yet...just multiple hobbies. :D

I have been smoking/learning/experimenting for about a year now I guess. I seem to do more buying, researching, traveling to different shops then smoking but that's also changing rapidly.

Made the trip up to Boswells over the summer break which was a great time. Very nice people and I highly recommend getting up there if you can. J.M. made me a really nice rusticated large billiard that I will post some pics of when I can. The briar had been aging since 1985 which I thought was pretty cool. Picked up several pipes and tobacco from them.

Just recently visited Wingenroths in Lebanon PA to pick up a couple of Mr. Hackerts fine pipes. Mels (owner) Hackert stock was low but I expected that...I did good though. Great guy..very cool little shop and it was a pleasure meeting him and his daughter. They take very good care of their customers. I will return soon when I run out of his Leatherneck tobacco which I do recommend.

Anyway gents...I look forward to interacting with all of you and wanted to say hello as well as thank you very much for all of the
information contributed to this great community thus far. I hope to pass on what I've learned to the next new smoker on deck.

OvRnOuT

Hey there Jason, pleased to meet you! Sounds like you know a lot of the right people already. I hope you enjoy your time with us at the BoB!

Welcome to BoB. I was raised out in Waldorf, MD but live in IL now. Enjoy your time here. Sounds like you have a fine collection of pipes, so let's see them brother.

Welcome to the family. Start a thread, light a pipe, and watch the masses folk to see what you've posted. :D

Thank you everyone....I will get some pics up this week of my collection.

Welcome to BoB Jason, you have done some interesting things, you might just be prepared for what is going to happen to you now you've joined us here, it's no good looking for the exits, it's too late, your ours now. :twisted:

Welcome Jason, I'm up in Hagerstown.

I know Boswells and Wingenroth's well, they are two of my frequent stops.

I'm heading up to Boswells next Saturday for their open house, if you have any interest in tagging along, give me a shout.

riff raff":txwqdxch said:
Welcome Jason, I'm up in Hagerstown.

I know Boswells and Wingenroth's well, they are two of my frequent stops.

I'm heading up to Boswells next Saturday for their open house, if you have any interest in tagging along, give me a shout.

Thank you for the offer sir...I will accept in the future. I have to replenish some funds first before I step into the Boswell establishment. Don't trust myself. :D

Have a safe trip up.

Kirk Fitzgerald":7q0z6it5 said:
Welcome to BoB Jason, you have done some interesting things, you might just be prepared for what is going to happen to you now you've joined us here, it's no good looking for the exits, it's too late, your ours now. :twisted:
I have tobacco stored in Mason jars now...their is no turning back.

OvRnOut":9so9zu03 said:
I have tobacco stored in Mason jars now...their is no turning back.
Ahhhhhh, that's the spirit, you'll be wearing a toga before you know it, no wait, wrong conversation.... or is it!! :lol:

Welcome, Jason! I hope you have fun here, and yes, once you start storing the leaf in mason jars, there is no turning back!

"T"