Another novice joins the brotherhood.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Janitor

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello. I recently decided to start enjoying a pipe, partly to help quit cigarettes, but mostly because I love the look and smell of them. I only wish I had taken the time to look into sites like this before I started, because I am currently smoking bulk tobacco out of cheap pipes, and wish I had known that it is better to start off with a better quality pipe. Here's to everyone that has taken the time to make beginners like me feel welcome!

The Janitor

Don't give it another moments worry brother, you are in the right place to learn, hell I began smoking and enjoying pipes in 1979 still learn new things all the time.

:pipe:

Hey Janitor, Welcome to the crew!
In your own State of PA there is an excellent pipe maker; J.M. Boswells in Chambersburg if your down that way check them out, you can get a very good smoking pipe for a very resonable price. They are wonderful folks too.

Hello Jan Itor!

Welcome to the board. Fellow newbie here, this is a good place to learn! :pipe:

Regards

Paul

Welcome to the BoB. These fellows here will teach you everything that you would ever want to know about pipes and baccy and will probably teach you some things you never wanted to know :lol!:

Welcome! Love the avatar, that was the first one I used on pipe forums.

Tennessee Dave":f4yueo8m said:
Welcome to the BoB. These fellows here will teach you everything that you would ever want to know about pipes and baccy and will probably teach you some things you never wanted to know :lol!:
While on that subject curiously, one can research ritual tobacco usage by natives of the Americas and find some fascinating (horrifying) things:

The application of tobacco in any other form, such as rectally by enema, is almost unknown in South America except amongst the Aguarunas, a Jivaroan tribe of Ecuador who apply it by clyster alone or mixed with Ayahuasca. Ayahuasca is repeatedly drunk alternating with swallows of tobacco juice to cause vomiting before use of the tobacco-ayahuasca enema. The Kulina customarily smoke all night when taking Ayahuasca.

The source for this.

I invite you to begin exploring all things concerning the pipe and tobacco but NOT go to the extremes mentioned above!

[url=http://home.windstream.net/rrowe1961/k1_bookmarks.html]http://home.windstream.net/rrowe1961/k1_bookmarks.html[/url]

Happy Surfing :pipe:

I'm new here too, but more than happy to add my welcome!

So hello from England.