Another "odd" contest anyone?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I had a most interesting dinner earlier this week. The question is, who was I dining with? I'll throw out a few hints, and add one or two more most every day until the correct answer is posted. Everyone gets one guess. The winner will get some nice tobacco (I wait until we have a winner and see what they like, and pick out a few blends from my larder).

One caveat, and I must apologize to our international brothers, but as it's often difficult to impossible to send tobacco internationally, the prize must stay within the US. However, if any of our international brothers (or sisters) win, they can pick a "local" to receive the prize.

Hints: She was (and is) quite attractive and has published a few books.

Good luck, more hints in the future.

Natch

Well it must be someone like this....Adrienne Hall who wrote Backpacking: A Woman's Guide

:D

BTW, she also wrote:

A Journey North: One Woman's Story of Hiking the Appalachian Trail

The perfect dinner and conversation date for Natch ;)

Well damn Erik, that was too fast! Let me guess how you guessed? Shortly after I posted this contest what was playing on TV but Erin Brockovich! Or plan B was if you know where I work, all you had to do was go to my university's web site and see who the public speakers on campus were last week.

She requested to meet with a few faculty and students for dinner before her speech that evening, specifically pre-law and environmental science. As I had created and ran the Environmental Science: Planning & Administration track for over a dozen years, I and two of my best students were tapped for the event. She was absolutely charming and witty at dinner, but her talk that evening wasn't quite what I had hopped. I really wanted to hear how she aided in developing the two major cases against PG&E, and most of the regional Arkansas crowd wanted to hear about how they (some at least) use similar information gathering to slow or stop shale fracking (big concern here now, with strong voices on both sides of the argument). However, it was more of a motivational speech emphasizing how all factions have to work together to get anything done, (perhaps she should go to congress for her next talk?).

Anyway, congratulations to Kapnismologist for guessing so quickly. I guarantee the next one will be more difficult.

Natch

puros_bran":idfwechj said:
So it was just someone you want to be MrsNatch?
Actually, I wanted to have my picture taken sitting on her lap (tall, thin, blond, pretty, short skirt, spiky healed boots, you see where I'm going), but for some odd reason my wife, sitting next to me, didn't think it a good idea I ask her? Go figure?!?

Natch

No punishment for being intelligent and perceptive, Erik, and knowing where to find an answer is probably better in today's world than trying to guess or memorize answers. PM me regarding your likes, and I'm sure I can find something, (to go along with open tub of Walnut that I forgot to close up back in '92, and the three pounds the banana, avocado, raspberry cream caramel nuget cavindish that I'm just sure you'll love). :lol:

Natch

Natch,

Thanks. But do hang on to the '92 tub-o-Walnut and the cavendish surprise because, well, as environmental hazards and all ... you know.

Cheers.

Finally got around to loading up the prize box for Erik. The samples are really quite small, a bowl or three worth. The Christmas Cheer is from '06, the Arcadia from '03 and the J Plug is new. New contest coming soon, if I survive the next two weeks from hell.

Natch