Another plea for help from the Resident Geezer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant Gimper

Reaction score
In times past, I have asked for the names of American carvers both past & present & the BOB has been most helpful. I, now, have a lovely little freehand that originated in Europe & was carved by an individual unknown to me who's name is LASLO. Ring a bell with anybody? Honest, I have used every means know to both myself & my brainy grandson in an effort to get some information on Mr. LASLO but to no avail. He might be a totally unknown in Europe too but I would appreciate your help/advice if you can spare it.
Thanks!
GrantGimper

It would appear that I am not the only graybeard enjoying this site & for that, I am most appreciative. I searched, w/o success, the Pipedia, for Mr. Lazlo's name & country of origin so I can only assume that the name was chosen from the phonebook in an effort to keep his true identity a secret. Too bad because it is a lovely, if delicate, pipe that most of us would be proud to claim. Winslow, I thank you for you support & want one & all to know that I have bookmarked the site for future use.

Grant, I searched it myself and couldn't come up with anything. I guess it is just one of those treasures from a carver lost to posterity.