Another Update: Life in DFW

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardedbassguy

Reaction score
Howdy folks!

Catch the first part of my crazy happenings in DFW since January HERE

So, where to begin.

Job situation: The job I had previously talked about that told me I was hired.... lied to me. 3 weeks of telling me I had the job (and I stop looking for work) someone from their corporate office called me and immediately told me I was not hired. Needless to say I was pretty upset and pretty crushed. It took another month or 2,but I was able to land a job selling online advertising and I started April 20th. It's a big change, can be very difficult at times, and I wanted to quit more than once. But it's smoothing out, I'm making sales,and it looks good for now. So that's good. My wife still hasn't found decent work, but we think we are going to try to keep her home until the son is at least a year.

Grandfathers: As mentioned, my Grandfather here in DFW passed away in February. My other Grandfather back in East Texas was on a severe downhill turn, and he passed away in May. My 5th wedding anniversary was May 8th, and my wife and I had just got home from celebrating when we got the call at 12:15am May 9th. Hard end to what was a great night.

Jeep: No one really cares about my Jeep, but in the middle of the job search/grandfathers both dying, my Jeep decided to have 2 MAJOR breakdowns. One clutch and the rear end both decided to go. Rear end still isn't fixed but I just got a call this morning that the new one is in. Hope to have it fixed no later than Tuesday.

Living Situation: We have been staying with friends this entire time, and it has been great. We had planned on having our own place by April at the latest, but since I didn't find work until the end of April, it obviously didn't work out. My grandmother here in the DFW area has asked us several times to move in with her since my grandfather passed. We have decided to take her up on the offer to allow my wife to stay at home a bit longer with our son, as well as be able to help take care of my grandmother and for me to do some repairs to their neglected house. We will be fully moved there on Sunday this week. This will put me almost an hour closer to Tobacco Cabana, and allow me to get involved with the pipe club that meets there.

Pipe Stuff: Nothing new to report here. I have barely been able to smoke due to weather/mosquitos/time. I haven't bought any new pipes (mainly due to money) or tobacco (because I have a ridiculous amount). However I have managed to give away tobacco to a few new pipe smokers, so that is nice. I'm going to be back on the boards here pretty regularly again from now on, and I plan on joining the Bomber Squadron as well.

That's about it for now, thanks for reading about my crazy life and all the support you have shown me during this insane time of my life.

Geez, sounds like you've been on the merry-go-round bassguy. I sure hope everything goes to plan and you can start kicking back a little more. You've earned it!

And welcome back.

Cheers,

RR

Glad to hear things are coming around for you even after such loses. Determination and some help from above will get you through it all and soon you'll look back on all this and smile and think about how blessed you truly are. ;)

A Christian man would say that The Lord doesn't put on you any more than you can handle..

A Hindu man would say that life comes in waves and to be prepared for the upswing......

A Buddhist man might say that it is your Kharma.........

A Muslim man would say you are being tested......

I might say, Schnitzel happens. It's all going somewhere. Life events are our road markers in our journey through life. Welcome, fellow traveler...........

Whew! You surely have had a go but you and your wife have met everything head on and now things are starting to look better. Married life is a partnership. Together you will overcome the hardships and have a good life together. Good show! :)

AJ

Sorry to hear of all your trials. You seem to be handling it very well. I'm also glad things are looking up for you, hope it's all uphill from here. Best Wishes. :)