Antique Mall Finds - advice needed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsKot

Reaction score
Today I was running errands and came across a HUGE antique mall (85,000 square feet) and in the short time I was in there I came across a nice pipe rack ad more importantly 2 rollagas style lighters. Niether of them are in 100% working order and I plan on fixing them up over the holiday. Does anyone know much about repair and disrepair of this lighter style?

One is a shorter squatter version about the size of a zippo and is stamped/labled "Zenith 500." The scrolling striker seems to be siezed up on this one and could probably use a flint as well as some butane.

The other is slimmer and taller and is labled "Silver Match." This one Seems to just need a flint, at least as far as I can tell thus far. I don't know if any of that helps but I figured it's worth mentioning. For the time being I should be good enough on my own if someone would be kind enough to tell me how to disassemble them to further asses the repairs. I'll continue searching the web but until then maybe someone can chime in. Thanks guys!

Figured out how to replace the flint on the zenith. It looks to me like the cavity where the flint goes has been out of use so long it was clogged up with what appears to be calcium. I put a drop of Hoppe's solvent in there after scraping out what I could. Hopefully this will be the first step to 2 new (to me) lighters!

Update 2-

Fixed the flint/siezed striker on the Zenith and am currently seeing if it will hold a charge of butane. Fingers crossed.

Seems the Silver Match only needed a flint, so i put in a zippo flint which was too short, so I got a pocket knife and pushed the flint to the striker and it sparked! Naturally after that I filled her up with butane and lit it holding the flint again, HUGE FLAME!! Flipped the cap down and adjusted the flame dial down and tried to light it again, no dice. I'm beginning to wander if it has a problem holding the fuel...

Yeah I can do that, I don't have a camera of my own (not that in to photography) so I'll have to borrow a friends. I'll get that done ASAP, probably tomorrow some time.