Antique store find

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eff me, with the box, pipe sock and everything? I've never found THAT nice of a pipe at a junk/antique store! I'm happy to find them not be Grabows, burnt-out, bitten-through and not $50 - $100. :lol:

I have to ask: how much?

8)

Kyle Weiss":181lguxx said:
Eff me, with the box, pipe sock and everything? I've never found THAT nice of a pipe at a junk/antique store! I'm happy to find them not be Grabows, burnt-out, bitten-through and not $50 - $100. :lol:

8)
$7.00

Anthonyx2b":5phkcqfm said:
Kyle Weiss":5phkcqfm said:

8)
$7.00
Correction upon further discovery: Eff you, Anthony. :D

8)

Kyle Weiss":3v8c7da1 said:
Anthonyx2b":3v8c7da1 said:
Kyle Weiss":3v8c7da1 said:

8)
$7.00
Correction upon further discovery: Eff you, Anthony. :D

8)
Can't wait to see how she smokes!

Part of me hopes it's filled with 1,000 Lakeland Grannies ghosting it until the end of time, but that'd be evil. :lol: Since you're a Brother, I hope it's as sweet and clean smoking as it looks! :cheers:

One note: On more than one occasion I've discovered some mutant, in some pipes' pasts, decided something other than tobacco was going to be smoked in them. Suddenly, they end up as "donations" to thrift joints or sold in antique stores. It's a shame. Yes, it is fixable with treatment, but with shipping and the treatment cost itself, a budget pipe can turn into an investment pretty quickly. I usually give those away to my friends who partake in such activities to do with as they wish.

8)

Kyle Weiss":oltehnou said:
Part of me hopes it's filled with 1,000 Lakeland Grannies ghosting it until the end of time, but that'd be evil. :lol: Since you're a Brother, I hope it's as sweet and clean smoking as it looks! :cheers:

One note: On more than one occasion I've discovered some mutant, in some pipes' pasts, decided something other than tobacco was going to be smoked in them. Suddenly, they end up as "donations" to thrift joints or sold in antique stores. It's a shame. Yes, it is fixable with treatment, but with shipping and the treatment cost itself, a budget pipe can turn into an investment pretty quickly. I usually give those away to my friends who partake in such activities to do with as they wish.

8)
This pipe llooks like it wad used a couple times and stored in an old mans basement. Smells like it too.

I now bring a lighter with me into stores and "flame test" the tobacco chambers of those kind of estate pipes before I buy them. I invert the pipe, hold a flame to the inside of the bowl for a count of three, and smell. Lakelands I will take on, but if it smells skunky, I pass. I've only had one store personnel object to this test, but when I explained why, they understood. I always ask first, though. No sense in presumption making enemies.

8)

Kyle Weiss":2p3dlce7 said:
I now bring a lighter with me into stores and "flame test" the tobacco chambers of those kind of estate pipes before I buy them. I invert the pipe, hold a flame to the inside of the bowl for a count of three, and smell. Lakelands I will take on, but if it smells skunky, I pass. I've only had one store personnel object to this test, but when I explained why, they understood. I always ask first, though. No sense in presumption making enemies.

8)
Doing that without asking I can see ending with stink eyes :evil:

Well, it depends on if eyes are watching, or not. I'm not above blazing trails, as I trust myself enough not to crap on the floor, but choosing doing so in front of the host makes it harder to blame the mess on someone else, at the very least.

8)

Kyle Weiss":jpoxzr3v said:
Well, it depends on if eyes are watching, or not. I'm not above blazing trails, as I trust myself enough not to crap on the floor, but choosing doing so in front of the host makes it harder to blame the mess on someone else, at the very least.

8)
I dont always crap on the floor, but when I do, I make sure they know who did it.

Bonus points for writing your name with the product--shows talent. Zorro did it, why not me? *shrug*

Wow, this thread got weird. Glad I didn't start it.

8)

Kyle Weiss":1he51fw7 said:
Bonus points for writing your name with the product--shows talent. Zorro did it, why not me? *shrug*

Wow, this thread got weird. Glad I didn't start it.

8)
:study: crap that was me

It's cool. We'll work on the thread hijacking thing. I've been known to do it once or twice. Heh.

8)

Kyle Weiss":kdnb1t0x said:
It's cool. We'll work on the thread hijacking thing. I've been known to do it once or twice. Heh.

8)
I'll getcha back, justt wait :twisted: