Any Air Rifle Fans?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussiemike

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered a GAMO REPLAY 10X MAGNUM to use at a mates property for some plinking target shooting. I have a 55 year old springer that I used as a kid still but it is pretty cactus.
I got the .22 Cal model and will use it on occasion to nab a bunny for the pot maybe. Looking forward to trying it out.
I chose a break action for its simplicity over mucking around with a PCP air rifle. This model has a 10 round magazine so you just break it and shoot, no worrying about putting a slug in the chamber for 10 shots sweeeet.
I love target shooting and this is such a cheap fun way to do it in my opinion.
Anyone else out there into air rifles?
I see a lot of people over there use them for squirrel hunting also.

1707893802049.jpeg

i Energy (Joule / ft.lb)45 / 33.2
i Velocity (m/s / fps)380 / 1246

I have a Crossman .177 that spits out a sabot pellet at 1250 fps. I mainly use it for running off the javelina. Won't kill one but will discourage them. And it's pretty accurate. I can hit a pint water bottle at 30 yards 90% of the time. It would kill a rabbit if I were so inclined, but the wife would shoot me if I dared to kill a bunny, lol. Fun for plinking.

I had a Czech break-action single shot growing up. Nothing since then. Even pellet rifles over 495 fps require a Possession and Acquisition License in Manitoba. I've done a little bit of paintballing. That might work on your peccary problem Ranger, some of them have a good range and decent accuracy. You'll be able to identify repeat offenders.

Last edited:
I had a Czech break-action single shot growing up. Nothing since then. Even pellet rifles over 495 fps require a Possession and Acquisition License in Manitoba. I've done a little bit of paintballing. That might work on your peccary problem Ranger, some of them have a good range and decent accuracy. You'll be able to identify repeat offenders.
That's a good idea. Wonder why I never thought of it, lol.