Any Android users???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
What the title says..

If so, got any favorite widgets or apps you'd care to share?

About two weeks ago I snagged a Samsung Captivate... Awesomeness fails as a word (well after I rooted it, made side loading possible, and ditched AT&T's garbage)

I'm running ADW home replacement with the stickers theme...have about 150 apps (some I'll keep, some redundant to see which I like and need) Oddly enough my favorite app so far is Jorte, a personal organizer.... And I really dig the zswype keyboard...
I have a dozen games or so but I waste most my time browsing the web or using Gameboid's emulator to pay my roms

I used an Android once but found her to be rather cold and non-interacting. I'll stick to Humanoids from here on out. ;)

PB, I have come very close to buying a Nexus One off of Craigslist but keep backing off figuring the new iPhone will be coming to Tmobile sometime this fall. My son has been playing with Froyo on his old G1 and says it is really cool, much more of an enthusiasts OS than is the iOS4. Problem is I really have too many apps (I know, lame) for the iPhone. Gandalf's Pipe Tool app alone keeps me tied to it for now. Otherwise I would be glad to make suggestions.

My friends and I have a lot of fun with foursquare. With someone that travels as much as you it would be a lot more interesting I'd think. If you do it look for me as a friend via facebook connect.

I've ordered mine recently, but its going to take a while to get here. As a programmer, I'm planning to write an Android application that scans the barcodes on my books and automatically upload them to my database. Maybe I'll have to do something related to pipes, too, but haven't come across anything in the pipe world that would benefit from a mobile application yet.

Hey PB!

Personally, I mostly use the net (which is what I'm doin' right now lol) and youtube on my Droid. Right now, the apps I've been using most are gStrings (it's a guitar tuner lol) and Timer (if ya haven't guessed yet, I'm learning guitar.. not to get off subject, but the guitar world is nearly as addictive as pipesmoking, just not quite the same level of brotherhood as pipes).

Trafficjam is a fun game, but I'm guessing ya get enough practice with that in real life :p

Happy, good luck on the guitar. Been at it for about 40 years, still fumble fingers most of the time. All the Youtube stuff, especially the lessons, has had me back at it quite a bit lately.

FYI, the Fender Forums is a pretty good bunch of guys, obviously oriented to discussing all things Fender. I hang out there a bit especially when the playing bug has got hold of me.

http://www.fenderforum.com/

So not to completely hijack the thread, any one know what a decent deal on a Nexus one would be on Craigslist? Since they have been discontinued the price is all over the place, from under $300 to almost $500. Still kind of interested in picking one up. Or, is there a better choice, with Tmobile being the carrier?

I'm a proud new Droid X owner. Definitely a neat gadget. I'm just amazed at what smart phones can do nowadays. Some apps I've been using are:

Album Art Grabber
Barcode scanner
Caller ID Reader
Documents to Go
Dropbox
gStrings
Google Sky Maps
Find Starbucks
SoundHound
Tapatalk Pro

Like you I play guitar (amateur and in the security of my own home thank you) and Solo Lite is a nice little guitar chord app that's fun.

I'm kinda OCD and with my new Droid X, my pipes and my guitars I sometimes have to take a deep breath and lay off the coffee for awhile. Otherwise I may go into my man cave and not come out till Thanksgiving. :bounce:

Hunter,

Thanks for the link!

Raf,

Guitars, pipes and Droids could definitely make me move into my mancave permanently lol! Figures, I'm 19 and the hobbies I have are some of the most potentially expensive one out there :p Right now I've got a Gibson L-1, and already have plans for a J-200 (can't let my guitar be an only-child!)

Neat app too!

Cheers!

Heavy Gunner 3d: should be renamed Awesome..

Skies of Glory: good, honestly not playing fan boy when I say it looks better on a Galaxy S than it does on an I phone4... But in multi player the iphone guys will kick your ass
they get way better planes..

being a music freak I love Tunee...Unlimited free music streams, downloads, and lyrics