Any books that you have read, or recommend!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch

Reaction score
That have helped you learn more about this fine art of pipe smoking. I love to read, and I would like a book to help me with a few things. Give me some tips to smoke better. And a book that talks about pipes, and which to look for and which to leave alone. Thanks for any help you can offer.

http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Books/Publications

In particular, check the "Recommended Reading" list by Mr. Rapaport. I've read Pipesmoking - A 21st Century Guide by Hacker and Confessions of a Pipeman by Schrier. Neither is perfect, but I enjoyed both. A good way to buy books about pipe smoking would be using sites like AbeBooks.com, as many are out of print.

fmw":m1dlub92 said:
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Books/Publications

In particular, check the "Recommended Reading" list by Mr. Rapaport. I've read Pipesmoking - A 21st Century Guide by Hacker and Confessions of a Pipeman by Schrier. Neither is perfect, but I enjoyed both. A good way to buy books about pipe smoking would be using sites like AbeBooks.com, as many are out of print.
Good Advice, I second that bro!!

fmw":puvyxgqz said:
...A good way to buy books about pipe smoking would be using sites like AbeBooks.com, as many are out of print.
Amazon is also a pretty good portal for vendors selling out of print books. I've picked-up some dandies there.

Buddy

If you have never read it I highly recommend The River Why by David James Duncan. They are releasing a movie soon and it is somewhat of a classic.

Tennessee Dave":puc0qjr2 said:
If you have never read it I highly recommend The River Why by David James Duncan. They are releasing a movie soon and it is somewhat of a classic.
I second the recommendation for The River Why. A great read, whether one is into fishing or otherwise... That being said, if you are a fisherman, this is required reading!

For pipesmokers, always Georges Herment's "The Pipe". Dated references, but the smoking advice came from a life-long smoker who had an honest passion for pipes and tobacco. And, it's humorous. And, Christopher Morley's "Shandygaff", writings from another lifelong pipesmoker and people observer at the beginning of the 20th century, and the founder of the "Three Hour Lunch group". Indolence at its best.