Any brothers from North London?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipedJimmy

Reaction score
I put down pipes for a while and consequently stopped using the forum. I'm very pleased to say that I've taken the beautiful hobby back up again and would like to meet other briar smokers if poss. I'm the only pipe smoker I know.

Wishing you all peaceful puffs.

PipedJimmy

Eh up mate. Always splendid to have another brother from Blighty. There's a good few here already who will be along in due course to show you the secret handshake over a cuppa.

Where in North London Town do you hail from, if I can be so forthright to ask? I'm an Anglophile from way back, having visited your green and pleasant country some dozen times or more.

Good to have you aboard Jimmy, you're in good company here and a better crew one could not wish for.

:D

Cheers,

RR

Ah, thank you guys. Feels great to be back.

In answer to your questions Brewdude:

I'm from Barnet which is one of the larger boroughs of London just before it melts aways into Hertfordshire. It's at the end of the Northern Line, if you've had the pleasure, and is a fair mix between urban and rural.

Secret handshake, eh? Sounds delightfully Masonic.

Peace to all :)

[Approaches with right trouser leg rolled up, bearing left nipple, extending a hand held at a odd angle].

Greetings from Shropshire, Jimmy, great to have you aboard again. Now that I've left the Service it's not very often I venture across to London. Although born in Mildenhall, my father grew up in Sydenham from just after the war years, leaving after he met my mum and moved to Devon. I used to deliver training from time to time around the Epsom area too.

So, what's your preferred 'baccy and briars of choice old chap?!

Stick.

Ah, Devon's a beautiful part of the country. Can fully understand why you'd want to retire there.

My favourite baccy at the moment is Peterson's Irish Flake, and I've partnered it with an unfinished Savinelli. They're a good duo.

Marlin Flake is a great smoke and I think Davidoff Flake Medallions are exquisite. How about yourself, Stick?

PipedJimmy":3s5b2zkv said:
Ah, Devon's a beautiful part of the country. Can fully understand why you'd want to retire there.

My favourite baccy at the moment is Peterson's Irish Flake, and I've partnered it with an unfinished Savinelli. They're a good duo.

Marlin Flake is a great smoke and I think Davidoff Flake Medallions are exquisite. How about yourself, Stick?
Well, I enjoy a good VaPer with Sammy G's St. James Flake being right up there. Off the top of my head, right now I have open McC's 40th Anniversary, SJF, and a few aros; Firedance Flake and Perterson's Connoisseurs Choice. I have a few pipes, mostly briars, all of which have a story. The ones I smoke the most are a Growley Rhodie, a rusticated Parker billiard, and a couple of MM cobs. I'm not too fussy about what goes in where. Some times my choice is governed by the 'baccy, sometimes the pipe. :D

Yeah, I have noticed that certain combinations work better than others and when you find a tobacco and a pipe that marry well, it gives you a whole new perspective of the blend.

I smoke every few days, and because I'm a fool, I have more pipes than I need, so I try to dedicate blends to pipes as far as is possible so that they actually get used.

You managed to get some 40th! How did you swing that, you old devil?

Stick":b7obax4x said:
[Approaches with right trouser leg rolled up, bearing left nipple, extending a hand held at a odd angle].

Stick.
Summat like this then, mate?

hqdefault.jpg

:joker:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":g6j40vbk said:
Stick":g6j40vbk said:

Stick.
Summat like this then, mate?

hqdefault.jpg

:joker:

Cheers,

RR
Ah, the stereotyped English gent on holiday!

Hey, Brewdude,

I am. They meet in a very fine tobacconists near to the Ritz Hotel in Green Park, and while that's not amazingly far away from me, it's definitely not local and they tend to meet when I work. I was just looking for someone to smoke with a to talk to about all things tobacciana.

Never mind, at least I've got you guys. Am gonna smoke some Rich Dark Flake in a Moretti soon in front of a classic film.

PipedJimmy":kif4pso6 said:
Hey, Brewdude,

I am. They meet in a very fine tobacconists near to the Ritz Hotel in Green Park, and while that's not amazingly far away from me, it's definitely not local and they tend to meet when I work. I was just looking for someone to smoke with a to talk to about all things tobacciana.

Never mind, at least I've got you guys. Am gonna smoke some Rich Dark Flake in a Moretti soon in front of a classic film.
Not to worry mate. I can see that it would be a significant investment in time to get there via the Tube, as efficient as that is.

Are you aware of this Londoner? Don't know exactly where he hails from though-

http://brothersofbriar.forumotion.com/t36549-my-favourite-bespoke-pipes

Cheers,

RR

PipedJimmy":lnudzp9h said:
You managed to get some 40th! How did you swing that, you old devil?
Well Jimmy, that's the BoB for you! Found it on my doorstep amongst the flyers and bills! This outrageous behaviour (only to be encouraged by the way) is known on the BoB as a 'bombing'.

Smoking a bowl of the afore mentioned 'baccy to aid my thinking, I hatched a plan for a revenge mission that I'm pleased to report found its target.

Splendid types those BoBers!